Communication Costs and the Boundaries of the Firm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shelanski, Howard A & Klein, Peter G, 1995. "Empirical Research in Transaction Cost Economics: A Review and Assessment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 335-361, October.
- Radner, Roy, 1996. "Bounded Rationality, Indeterminacy, and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1360-1373, September.
- Hicks, J. R., 1986. "A Revision of Demand Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198285502.
- Mark Casson & Nigel Wadeson, 1996. "Information Strategies and the Theory of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 307-330.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Masten, Scott E. & Meehan, James Jr. & Snyder, Edward A., 1989. "Vertical integration in the U.S. auto industry : A note on the influence of transaction specific assets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 265-273, October.
- Hans Gersbach, 1996. "Vertical Relationships in the Automotive Industry: Do They Matter?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 343-350.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Casson & Nigel Wadeson, 2007. "The Discovery of Opportunities: Extending the Economic Theory of the Entrepreneur," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 285-300, April.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:02b62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P., 2009. "MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 108-120, April.
- Holger Gorg & Frances Ruane, 2001. "Multinational Companies and Linkages: Panel-Data Evidence for the Irish Electronics Sector," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18.
- Nigel Wadeson, 1999. "Two-way Communication Costs and the Boundaries of the Firm," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 301-329.
- Mol, Joeri M. & Wijnberg, Nachoem M., 2002. "Value chain envy: explaining new entry and vertical integration in popular music," Research Report 02B62, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Dengu, T. & Lyne, Michael C., 2007. "Secure land rental contracts and agricultural investment in two communal areas of KwaZulu-Natal," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 46(3), September.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunication; Firm; Information; Complexity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ijecbs:v:5:y:1998:i:1:p:5-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIJB20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.