Earnings cosmetics in a tax-driven accounting environment: evidence from Finnish public firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivo Welch & Siew Hong Teoh & T.J. Wong, 1995. "Earnings Management and The Post-Issue Underperformance in Seasoned Equity Offerings," Finance 9-95., University of California at Los Angeles.
- Kinnunen, Juha & Keloharju, Matti & Kasanen, Eero & Niskanen, Jyrki, 2000. "Earnings management and expected dividend increases around seasoned share issues: evidence from Finland," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 209-228, June.
- Marko Jarvenpaa, 1996. "The relationship between taxation and financial accounting in Finland," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 899-914.
- DeFond, Mark L. & Jiambalvo, James, 1994. "Debt covenant violation and manipulation of accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 145-176, January.
- Healy, Paul M., 1985. "The effect of bonus schemes on accounting decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 85-107, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steijvers, Tensie & Niskanen, Mervi, 2014. "Tax aggressiveness in private family firms: An agency perspective," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 347-357.
- Dominique Geyer & Christoph Drechsler, 2014. "Detecting Cosmetic Debt Management Using Benford's Law," Post-Print hal-01059758, HAL.
- Bonache, Adrien & Moris, Karen, 2009. "Nonlinear and chaotic patterns in Japanese video game console sales and consequences for management control," MPRA Paper 18196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yves Mard, 2005. "Vers Une Information Comptable Plus Transparente : L'Apport Des Recherches Portant Sur La Gestion Des Résultats Comptables," Post-Print halshs-00581229, HAL.
- Bonache, Adrien & Moris, Karen & Maurice, Jonathan, 2009.
"Risque associé à l'utilisation de la loi de Benford pour détecter les fraudes dans le secteur de la mode
[Risk of Reviews based on Benford Law in the Fashion Sector]," MPRA Paper 15352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yves Mard, 2003. "Performance Comptable Et Gestion Des Resultats," Post-Print halshs-00582798, HAL.
- Sandeep Goel, 2014. "Creating Accounting Numbers Using Designed Choices: A Case Study of Indian Hotel Industry," Accounting and Finance, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 3, pages 29-35, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:euract:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:443-452. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20 .