Earnings Management and The Post-Issue Underperformance in Seasoned Equity Offerings
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bergman, Nittai K. & Jenter, Dirk, 2007. "Employee sentiment and stock option compensation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 667-712, June.
- KENT D. DANIEL & David Hirshleifer & AVANIDHAR SUBRAHMANYAM, 2004. "A Theory of Overconfidence, Self-Attribution, and Security Market Under- and Over-reactions," Finance 0412006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- David Hirshleifer, 2008.
"Psychological Bias as a Driver of Financial Regulation,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(5), pages 856-874.
- Hirshleifer, David, 2007. "Psychological Bias as a Driver of Financial Regulation," MPRA Paper 5129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yongtao Hong & Margaret Andersen, 2011. "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility and Earnings Management: An Exploratory Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(4), pages 461-471, December.
- Illoong Kwon & Katherine Guthrie & Jan Sokolowsky, 2008. "On the Objective of Corporate Boards: Theory and Evidence," Discussion Papers 08-08, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Kasanen, Eero & Kinnunen, Juha & Niskanen, Jyrki, 1996. "Dividend-based earnings management: Empirical evidence from Finland," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 283-312, October.
- Maher Kooli & Jean-Marc Suret, 2001. "The Aftermarket Performance of Initial Public Offerings in Canada," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-52, CIRANO.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1996. "Detecting abnormal operating performance: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 359-399, July.
- Assem Safieddine & Sheridan Titman, 1997. "Debt and Corporate Performance: Evidence from Unsuccessful Takeovers," NBER Working Papers 6068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Monterrey Mayoral & Amparo Sánchez-Segura, 2007. "Rotación y dependencia económica de los auditores: sus efectos sobre la calidad del resultado en las compañías cotizadas españolas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 31(1), pages 119-159, January.
- Nadia Sbei, 2005. "Analyse Du Rôle Prédictif Des Accruals Discrétionnaires : Effet Des Normes Comptables Utilisées," Post-Print halshs-00581287, HAL.
- Jyrki Niskanen & Matti Keloharju, 2000. "Earnings cosmetics in a tax-driven accounting environment: evidence from Finnish public firms," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 443-452.
- Pornsit Jiraporn, 2005. "An empirical analysis of corporate takeover defences and earnings management: evidence from the US," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 293-303.
- Jeffrey Gramlich & Ole Sørensen, 2004. "Voluntary management earnings forecasts and discretionary accruals: evidence from Danish IPOs," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 235-259.
- Maher Kooli & Jean-Marc Suret, 2001. "The Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings: Further Canadian Evidence," CIRANO Working Papers 2001s-50, CIRANO.
- Brav, Alon & Geczy, Christopher & Gompers, Paul A., 2000.
"Is the abnormal return following equity issuances anomalous?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 209-249, May.
- Alon Brav & Christopher Geczy & Paul A. Gompers, "undated". "Is the Abnormal Return Following Equity Issuances Anomalous?," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Alon Brav & Christopher Geczy & Paul A. Gompers, "undated". "Is the Abnormal Return Following Equity Issuances Anomalous?," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:callfi:_004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fguclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.