The sources of innovations - looking beyond technological opportunities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Richard R. & Wolff, Edward N., 1997.
"Factors behind cross-industry differences in technical progress,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 205-220, June.
- Nelson, R.R. & Wolff, E.N., 1992. "Factors Behind Cross-Industry Differences in Technical Progress," Working Papers 92-27, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1997. "Technological Regimes and Sectoral Patterns of Innovative Activities," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 83-117.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Wolfgang Becker & Juergen Peters, 2000. "Technological Opportunities, Absorptive Capacities, and Innovation," Discussion Paper Series 195, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caroline Orset, 2014. "Innovation and the precautionary principle," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 780-801, November.
- Edler, Jakob & Georghiou, Luke, 2007. "Public procurement and innovation--Resurrecting the demand side," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 949-963, September.
- Santamara, Llus & Nieto, Mara Jess & Barge-Gil, Andrs, 2009. "Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 507-517, April.
- Arie Y. Lewin & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters, 2011. "Microfoundations of Internal and External Absorptive Capacity Routines," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Paraskevopoulou, Evita, 2012. "Non-technological regulatory effects: Implications for innovation and innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1058-1071.
- Terttu Luukkonen, & Mari Maunula,, 2006. "Coaching Small Biotech Companies into Success: The Value-adding Function of VC," Discussion Papers 1032, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Yun, Siyeong & Song, Kisik & Kim, Chulhyun & Lee, Sungjoo, 2021. "From stones to jewellery: Investigating technology opportunities from expired patents," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Leal-Rodríguez, Antonio L. & Ariza-Montes, José A. & Roldán, José L. & Leal-Millán, Antonio G., 2014. "Absorptive capacity, innovation and cultural barriers: A conditional mediation model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(5), pages 763-768.
- Kiyoon Shin & Yeongjun Yeo & Jeong-Dong Lee, 2020. "Revitalizing the Concept of Public Procurement for Innovation (PPI) from a Systemic Perspective: Objectives, Policy Types, and Impact Mechanisms," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 187-211, April.
- Aschhoff, Birgit & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2009.
"Innovation on demand--Can public procurement drive market success of innovations?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1235-1247, October.
- Aschhoff, Birgit & Sofka, Wolfgang, 2008. "Innovation on Demand: Can Public Procurement Drive Market Success of Innovations," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-052, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Nunzia Carbonara & Roberta Pellegrino, 2020. "The role of public private partnerships in fostering innovation," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 140-156, February.
- Frederico Rocha & Ana Urraca Ruiz, 2008. "Sources of Technological Opportunity in Brazil," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807091618140, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Nissinen, A. & Parikka-Alhola, K. & Rita, H., 2009. "Environmental criteria in the public purchases above the EU threshold values by three Nordic countries: 2003 and 2005," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1838-1849, April.
- Maureen McKelvey, 2016. "Firms navigating through innovation spaces: a conceptualization of how firms search and perceive technological, market and productive opportunities globally," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 785-802, October.
- Gao, Yanyan & Zang, Leizhen & Roth, Antoine & Wang, Puqu, 2017. "Does democracy cause innovation? An empirical test of the popper hypothesis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1272-1283.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jaeseong Kim & Sang Ok Choi, 2020. "A Comparative Analysis of Corporate R&D Capability and Innovation: Focused on the Korean Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-20, October.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2015.
"Innovation determinants over industry life cycle,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 18-32.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "Innovation Determinants over Industry Life Cycle," Working Papers 2012/11, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Tavassoli, Sam, 2013. "Innovation Determinants over Industry Life Cycle," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/42, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Chang, Yuan-Chieh & Chen, Min-Nan, 2016. "Service regime and innovation clusters: An empirical study from service firms in Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1845-1857.
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard Nelson, 2013. "The Evolution of Technologies: An Assessment of the State-of-the-Art," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 3(1), pages 3-46, June.
- Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner & Alfred Greiner & Thomas Kuhn (ed.), 2009. "Recent Advances in Neo-Schumpeterian Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12982.
- Sam Tavassoli & Babak Kianian & Tobias C. Larsson, 2015.
"Manufacturing renaissance: return of manufacturing to western countries,"
Chapters, in: Charlie Karlsson & Urban Gråsjö & Sofia Wixe (ed.), Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy, chapter 11, pages 261-280,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Kianian, Babak & Larsson, Tobias C., 2013. "Manufacturing Renaissance: Return of manufacturing to western countries," Working Papers 2013/04, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Triulzi, Giorgio & Alstott, Jeff & Magee, Christopher L., 2020. "Estimating technology performance improvement rates by mining patent data," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 158(C).
- Bastian Rake, 2017.
"Determinants of pharmaceutical innovation: the role of technological opportunities revisited,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 691-727, September.
- Bastian Rake, 2012. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Bastian Rake, 2013. "Determinants of Pharmaceutical Innovation: The Role of Technological Opportunities Revisited," DRUID Working Papers 13-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ackermann, Malte & Brenner, Thomas & Lorenz, Steffi & Stephan, Michael, 2011. "Die Entwicklung der technologischen Wissensbasis in technologiegetriebenen Industrien am Beispiel der deutschen Solarindustrie: Eine empirische Analyse der Akteure und ihrer Herkunft," Discussion Papers on Strategy and Innovation 11-05, Philipps-University Marburg, Department of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM).
- Sam Tavassoli & Nunzia Carbonara, 2014.
"The role of knowledge variety and intensity for regional innovation,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 493-509, August.
- Sam Tavassoli & Nunzia Carbonara, 2013. "The Role of Knowledge Variety and Intensity for Regional Innovative Capability - Swedish evidence," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1317, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2013.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Carbonara, Nunzia, 2013. "The Role of Knowledge Variety and Intensity for Regional Innovative Capability," Working Papers 2013/01, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Department of Industrial Economics.
- Tavassoli, Sam & Carbonara , Nunzia, 2013. "The Role of Knowledge Variety and Intensity for Regional Innovative Capability," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/34, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Triulzi, G., 2014. "Technology life cycle and specialization patterns of latecomer countries: The case of the semiconductor industry," MERIT Working Papers 2014-012, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Onufrey, Ksenia & Bergek, Anna, 2020. "Second wind for exploitation: Pursuing high degrees of product and process innovativeness in mature industries," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 89(C).
- Eckhardt, Jonathan T. & Shane, Scott A., 2011. "Industry changes in technology and complementary assets and the creation of high-growth firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 412-430, July.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 51-127,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Laursen, Keld, 1999.
"The impact of technological opportunity on the dynamics of trade performance,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 341-357, December.
- Keld Laursen, 1996. "The Impact of Technological Opportunity on the Dynamics of Trade Performance," DRUID Working Papers 96-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Francesco Lamperti & Franco Malerba & Roberto Mavilia & Giorgio Tripodi, 2019. "Does the Position in the Inter-sectoral Knowledge Space affect the International Competitiveness of Industries?," LEM Papers Series 2019/23, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Heidenreich, Martin, 2009. "Innovation patterns and location of European low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 483-494, April.
- Alfred Haid & Markus Thomas Münter, 1999. "Neuere Entwicklungen in der industrieökonomischen Forschung und die aktuelle Berichterstattung über die technologische Leistungsfähigkeit Deutschlands," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 188, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Roger Hayter & Klaus Edenhoffer, 2016. "Evolutionary Geography of a Mature Resource Sector: Shakeouts and Shakeins in British Columbia's Forest Industries 1980 to 2008," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 497-519, December.
- Camelia Ilie & Gaston Fornes & Guillermo Cardoza & Juan Carlos Mondragón Quintana, 2020. "Development of Business Schools in Emerging Markets: Learning through Adoption and Adaptation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-28, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological opportunities; Innovations; Object-approach;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecinnt:v:13:y:2004:i:2:p:183-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.