Short patches of outliers, ARCH and volatility modelling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Philip Hans Franses & Dick van Dijk & André Lucas, 1998. "Short Patches of Outliers, ARCH and Volatility Modeling," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-057/4, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, John H. H., 1991. "A Lagrange multiplier test for GARCH models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 265-271, November.
- van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans & Lucas, Andre, 1999.
"Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 539-562, Sept.-Oct.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Lucas, A., 1996. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9659-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 2002.
"The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 60-68, January.
- Baillie, Richard T & Bollerslev, Tim, 1989. "The Message in Daily Exchange Rates: A Conditional-Variance Tale," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 297-305, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Baillie and Bollerslev GARCH models with day-of-week effects," Statistical Software Components RTZ00172, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amado Peiró, 2016. "Changes in the Unconditional Variance and Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1338-1343.
- Ruiz, Esther & Peña, Daniel & Carnero, María Ángeles, 2004. "Spurious and hidden volatility," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws042007, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- F. Javier Trivez & Beatriz Catalan, 2009. "Detecting level shifts in ARMA-GARCH (1,1) Models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 679-697.
- LeBaron, Blake, 2003. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,: Philip Hans Franses and Dick van Dijk, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2000, 296 pp., Paperback, ISBN 0-521-77965-0, $33, [UK pound]22.95, [," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 751-752.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000.
"Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779654, January.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770415.
- Yu Hsing, 2007. "Analysis of exchange rate fluctuations in Estonia: test of the interest parity condition and the open economy model," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 51-54, January.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2007.
"A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 61-75, January.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2005. "A Multivariate Generalized Orthogonal Factor GARCH Model," MPRA Paper 23714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:262:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-015-2078-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Beatriz Catalan & F. Javier Trivez, 2007. "Forecasting volatility in GARCH models with additive outliers," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 591-596.
- Jose Luis Miralles-Marcelo & Jose Luis Miralles-Quiros & Maria del Mar Miralles-Quiros, 2010. "Intraday linkages between the Spanish and the US stock markets: evidence of an overreaction effect," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 223-235.
- Miralles-Quirós, José Luis & Daza-Izquierdo, Julio, 2015. "Do DOW returns really influence the intraday Spanish stock market behavior?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 99-126.
- Grossi, Luigi & Laurini, Fabrizio, 2009. "A robust forward weighted Lagrange multiplier test for conditional heteroscedasticity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2251-2263, April.
- Kyrtsou, Catherine & Malliaris, Anastasios G., 2009. "The impact of information signals on market prices when agents have non-linear trading rules," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 167-176, January.
- Juncal Cunado Eizaguirre & Javier Gomez Biscarri & Fernando Perez de Gracia Hidalgo, 2009. "Financial liberalization, stock market volatility and outliers in emerging economies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(10), pages 809-823.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apfiec:v:14:y:2004:i:4:p:221-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAFE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.