How do mobile-voice operators compete? IVQR estimates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Iwata, Gyoichi, 1974. "Measurement of Conjectural Variations in Oligopoly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(5), pages 947-966, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Geroski, P A, 1981. "Specification and Testing the Profits-Concentration Relationship: Some Experiments for the UK," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 279-288, August.
- Gale, Bradley T, 1972. "Market Share and Rate of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(4), pages 412-423, November.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo, 2004. "GRQREG: Stata module to graph the coefficients of a quantile regression," Statistical Software Components S437001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 17 Mar 2011.
- Omar Arias & Walter Sosa-Escudero & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
"Individual heterogeneity in the returns to schooling: instrumental variables quantile regression using twins data,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 7-40.
- Omar Arias & Kevin F. Hallock & Walter Sosa Escudero, 1999. "Individual Heterogeneity in the Returns to Schooling: Instrumental Variables Quantile Regression using Twins Data," Department of Economics, Working Papers 016, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Dickson, Vaughan A, 1982. "Collusion and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 39-42, February.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1982. "The estimation of the degree of oligopoly power," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 287-299, August.
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Cowling, Keith, 1976. "On the theoretical specification of industrial structure-performance relationships," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Nirvikar Singh & Xavier Vives, 1984. "Price and Quantity Competition in a Differentiated Duopoly," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 546-554, Winter.
- Andini, Corrado & Cabral, Ricardo, 2011. "Merger simulation using average market share: An application to the Optimus-TMN mobile merger case," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 36-50, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thornton Matheson & Patrick Petit, 2021. "Taxing telecommunications in developing countries," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 28(1), pages 248-280, February.
- Massimiliano Agovino Author-Email: email@example.com & Antonio Garofalo Author-Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2016. "The Impact of Education on Wage Determination between Workers in Southern and Central-Northern Italy," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(1), pages 25-43, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N. & Delis, Manthos D., 2011. "Bank-level estimates of market power," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(3), pages 508-517, August.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2009. "Market power in local banking monopolies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1196-1210, July.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2012.
"Banks as ‘fat cats’: Branching and price decisions in a two-stage model of competition,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 338-363.
- COCCORESE, Paolo, 2011. "Banks as ‘fat cats’: Branching and Price Decisions in a Two-Stage Model of Competition," CELPE Discussion Papers 118, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- David Bouras & Troy Frank & Eric Burgess, 2017. "Functional Forms and Oligopolistic Models: An Empirical Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(4), pages 645-649.
- Daniel Stavárek & Iveta Řepková, 2011.
"Estimation of the competitive conditions in the Czech banking sector,"
Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 299-306.
- Stavarek, Daniel & Repkova, Iveta, 2011. "Estimation of the competitive conditions in the Czech banking sector," MPRA Paper 30720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bikker, Jacob A. & Haaf, Katharina, 2002.
"Competition, concentration and their relationship: An empirical analysis of the banking industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2191-2214, November.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2000. "Competition, concentration and their relationship: an empirical analysis of the banking industry," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 30, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2001. "Competition, Concentration and their Relationship: an EmpiricalAnalysis of the Banking Industry," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 68, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Cândida Ferreira, 2013. "Bank market concentration and bank efficiency in the European Union: a panel Granger causality approach," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 365-391, September.
- Luis Gutiérrez de Rozas, 2007. "Testing for competition in the Spanish banking industry: The Panzar-Rosse approach revisited," Working Papers 0726, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Maes, Dries & Vancauteren, Mark & Van Passel, Steven, 2019. "Investigating market power in the Belgian pork production chain," Review of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Studies, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 100(1-4), November.
- Goddard, Ellen W. & Shank, Benjamin & Panter, Chris & Nilsson, Tomas K.H. & Cash, Sean B., 2007. "Canadian Chicken Industry: Consumer Preferences, Industry Structure and Producer Benefits from Investment in Research and Advertising," Project Report Series 52088, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Kouki, Imen & Al-Nasser, Amjad, 2017. "The implication of banking competition: Evidence from African countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PB), pages 878-895.
- Panayiotis P. Athanasoglou & Matthaios D. Delis & Christos K. Staikouras, 2006.
"Determinants of Bank Profitability in the South Eastern European Region,"
47, Bank of Greece.
- Athanasoglou, Panayiotis & Delis, Manthos & Staikouras, Christos, 2006. "Determinants Of Bank Profitability In The South Eastern European Region," MPRA Paper 10274, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bogdan Capraru & Nicoleta-Livia Pintilie, 2017. "Assessing competition in the European Union banking sector," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 9(1), pages 007-026, June.
- Li, Shaofang & Marinč, Matej, 2016. "Competition in the clearing and settlement industry," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 134-162.
- Héctor Gustavo González Padilla, 2009. "An Assessment of the Competition in the Banking Industry: Empirical Evidence from Argentina with Data at Bank Level," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(55), pages 93-112, July - Se.
- Delis, Manthos D., 2010.
"Competitive conditions in the Central and Eastern European banking systems,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 268-274, October.
- Delis, Manthos D, 2008. "Competitive conditions in the Central and Eastern European banking systems," MPRA Paper 13890, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henry Nieuwenhuijsen & Gerrit de Wit & Frank Hindriks, 2000. "Comparative advantages in estimating markups," Scales Research Reports H200003, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Liang, Jing, 2010. "Three essays on food safety and foodborne illness," ISU General Staff Papers 201001010800002782, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chang, Shun-Chiao & Chang, Jui-Chuan Della & Huang, Tai-Hsin, 2012. "Assessing market power in the U.S. commercial banking industry under deregulation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1558-1565.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:20:y:2013:i:1:p:18-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.