FDI by early movers, followers and latecomers: timing of entry by German firms during transition in the Czech Republic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mühlen, Henning & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2009. "FDI by early movers, followers and latecomers: timing of entry by German firms during transition in the Czech Republic," Kiel Working Papers 1571, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- Buckley, Peter J & Casson, Mark, 1981. "The Optimal Timing of a Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(361), pages 75-87, March.
- Yadong Luo, 1998. "Timing of Investment and International Expansion Performance in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(2), pages 391-407, June.
- Peter Egger, 2008. "On the role of distance for outward FDI," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 42(2), pages 375-389, June.
- Markusen, James R & Maskus, Keith E, 2002.
"Discriminating among Alternative Theories of the Multinational Enterprise,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 694-707, November.
- James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 1999. "Discriminating Among Alternative Theories of the Multinational Enterprise," NBER Working Papers 7164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horst Raff & Michael J. Ryan, 2008.
"Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Horst Raff & Michael Ryan, 2006. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," CESifo Working Paper Series 1874, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007. "Firm-Specific Characteristics and the Timing of Foreign Direct Investment Projects," Economics Working Papers 2007-22, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2004.
"Distance, trade and FDI: a Hausman-Taylor SUR approach,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 227-246.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2001. "Distance, Trade and FDI: A Hausman-Taylor SUR Approach," WIFO Working Papers 164, WIFO.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1991.
"Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1110-1148, September.
- Pindyck, Robert, 1989. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 294, The World Bank.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1990. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 3307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1990. "Irreversibility, uncertainty, and investment," Working papers 3137-90., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Kravis, Irving B. & Lipsey, Robert E., 1982.
"The location of overseas production and production for export by U.S. multinational firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 201-223, May.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1980. "The Location of Overseas Production and Production for Export by U.S. Multinational Firms," NBER Working Papers 0482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gastanaga, Victor M. & Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Pashamova, Bistra, 1998. "Host Country Reforms and FDI Inflows: How Much Difference do they Make?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1299-1314, July.
- de Brito, José Brandão & de Mello Sampayo, Felipa, 2002. "The timing and the probability of FDI: an application to the US multinational enterprises," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 A3-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Pietra Rivoli & Eugene Salorio, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment and Investment under Uncertainty," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(2), pages 335-357, June.
- Schneider, Friedrich & Frey, Bruno S., 1985. "Economic and political determinants of foreign direct investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-175, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2001. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: Sensitivity Analyses of Cross-Country Regressions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 89-113.
- Jose Brandao de Brito & Felipa de Mello Sampayo, 2005. "The timing and probability of FDI: an application to US multinational enterprises," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 417-437.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schäffler, Johannes & Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael, 2014.
"Regional determinants of German FDI in the Czech Republic : evidence from a gravity model approach,"
IAB Discussion Paper
201403, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Schäffler, Johannes & Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael, 2015. "Regional Determinants of German FDI in the Czech Republic - Evidence from a gravity model approach," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112891, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Michael Moritz & Johannes Schaeffler, 2012. "Regional Distribution of German-Czech Multinationals on the Domestic Market," ERSA conference papers ersa12p519, European Regional Science Association.
- Schäffler, Johannes, 2016. "German Direct Investments in the Czech Republic – Employment Effects on German Multinational Enterprises," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145526, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Hecht, Veronika & Moritz, Michael & Noska, Patricia & Schäffler, Johannes, 2016. "Types of FDI and determinants of affiliate size: the classification makes the difference," IAB Discussion Paper 201625, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
More about this item
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:18:y:2011:i:18:p:1729-1734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.