Accounting records of large rural estates and the dynamics of agriculture in Catalonia (Spain), 1850-1950
In this article the agrarian accounts generated by the large rural estates of Catalonia (Spain) during the period between 1850 and 1950 are studied with a twofold objective. First of all, their formal characteristics and content are described and it is argued that the traits and variations observed are a consequence and reflection of the social conditions under which they were generated. Second, we evaluate the use which Catalan rural historiography has made recently of these documents in order to reconstruct the functioning and evolution of contemporary agriculture.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RABF21|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/rabf21|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rothenberg, Winifred Barr, 1992. "From Market-Places to a Market Economy," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226729534, October.
- Pidal, Juan Carmona, 1995. "Las estrategias económicas de la vieja aristocracia española y el cambio agrario en el siglo XIX," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 63-88, March.
- Enrique Llopis & Esther Fidalgo & Teresa Mendez, 2002. "The 'Hojas de Ganado' of the Monastery of Guadalupe, 1597-1784: an accounting instrument for fundamental economic decisions," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 203-229.
- Pedro Fatjó Gómez, 2001. "La contabilidad de una institución eclesiástica desde la perspectiva del historiador económico," UHE Working papers 2001_08, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Mahmoud Ezzamel, 2002. "Accounting for Private Estates and the Household in the Twentieth-Century BC Middle Kingdom, Ancient Egypt," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 38(2), pages 235-262.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:acbsfi:v:15:y:2005:i:2:p:171-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.