Give Heckscher and Ohlin a chance!
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Findlay, Ronald & Kierzkowski, Henryk, 1983. "International Trade and Human Capital: A Simple General Equilibrium Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 957-978, December.
- Metcalfe, J. S. & Steedman, Ian, 1981. "On the transformation of theorems," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 267-271.
- Schumacher D., 1989. "Employment impact in the European economic community (EC) countries of east-west trade flows," ILO Working Papers 992655313402676, International Labour Organization.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Sinn, Stefan, 1992. "Saving-Investment Correlations and Capital Mobility: On the Evidence from Annual Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1162-1170, September.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1984. "Testing trade theories and predicting trade flows," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 467-517 Elsevier.
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 791-809.
- Fischer, Bernhard & Spinanger, Dean, 1986. "Factor market distortions and export performance: An eclectic review of the evidence," Kiel Working Papers 259, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bowen, Harry P & Leamer, Edward E & Sveikauskas, Leo, 1987.
"Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 791-809.
- Harry P. Bowen & Edward E. Leamer & Leo Sveikauskas, 1986. "Multicountry, Multifactor Tests of the Factor Abundance Theory," NBER Working Papers 1918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bliss, Christopher, 1989. "Trade and development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 23, pages 1187-1240 Elsevier.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:265531 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clague, Christopher K., 1991. "Factor proportions, relative efficiency and developing countries' trade," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 357-380.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heitger, Bernhard & Schrader, Klaus & Stehn, Jürgen, 1999. "Handel, Technologie und Beschäftigung," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 2277, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dieter Schumacher, 1997. "Immaterielle Investitionen in Deutschland und im internationalen Vergleich," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(2), pages 243-257.
- Gudrun Biffl, 2003. "The Role of Migrants in the Production of Tradeables and Non-tradables. The Case of Austria," WIFO Working Papers 194, WIFO.
- Dieter Schumacher, 2001. "Market Size and Factor Endowment: Explaining Comparative Advantage in Bilateral Trade by Differences in Income and Per Capita Income," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 259, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Wakelin, Katharine, 1998.
"Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 373-387, September.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Wakelin, Katharine, 1995. "Technological competitiveness, trade and foreign direct investment," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Corvers, Frank & de Grip, Andries, 1997. "Explaining trade in industrialized countries by country-specific human capital endowments," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 395-416, July.
- Francesca Di Mauro, 2001. "Economic Integration between the EU and the CEECs: A Sectoral Study," LICOS Discussion Papers 10501, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Antoinette James & Bruce Elmslie, 1996. "Testing Heckscher-Ohlin-Vanek in the G-7," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(1), pages 139-159, March.
- Dung Nguyen & Po-Hung Fan, 1995. "The role of natural resources in trade patterns among the U.S., Japan, and other countries in the Asian Pacific Rim," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), pages 489-508.
- Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas, 2005. "Financial markets, the pattern of industrial specialization and comparative advantage: Evidence from OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 113-144, January.
- Leamer, Edward E. & Levinsohn, James, 1995.
"International trade theory: The evidence,"
Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1339-1394
- Edward E. Leamer & James Levinsohn, 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leamer, E. & Levingsohn, J., 1994. "International Trade Theory: The Evidence," Working Papers 368, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- He, Qing & Xue, Chang & Zhu, Chenqi, 2014. "Financial development and patterns of industrial specialization : Regional evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 12/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Freudenberg & Harald Trabold, 1999. "Vertikale Produktdifferenzierung im Außenhandel: Theoretische Grundlagen und empirischer Befund," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 68(3), pages 356-385.
- Lechman, Ewa, 2014. "Changing patterns of export of goods versus macroeconomic competitiveness. A comparative analysis for East-Central European countries in the period 2000-2011," MPRA Paper 53639, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berger, Axel & Busse, Matthias & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Roy, Martin, 2011.
"More stringent BITs, less ambiguous effects on FDI? Not a bit!,"
Elsevier, pages 270-272.
- Berger, Axel & Busse, Matthias & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Roy, Martin, 2010. "More stringent BITs, less ambiguous effects on FDI? Not a Bit!," Kiel Working Papers 1621, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Davis, Graham A., 2010. "Trade in mineral resources," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2010-01, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Di Mauro, Francesca, 2000. "Economic Integration Between The Eu And The Ceecs: A Sectoral Study," ERSA conference papers ersa00p358, European Regional Science Association.
- Vlachos, Jonas & Svaleryd, Helena, 2001. "Financial Markets, the Pattern of Specialization and Comparative Advantage. Evidence from OECD countries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 449, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 08 Nov 2001.
- Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Par & Lundberg, Lars, 1999.
"Technology, resource endowments and international competitiveness,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 1501-1530.
- Gustavsson, Patrik & Hansson, Pär & Lundberg, Lars, 1996. "Technology, Resource Endowments and International Competitiveness," Working Paper Series 138, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Ülengin, Füsun & Çekyay, Bora & Toktaş Palut, Peral & Ülengin, Burç & Kabak, Özgür & Özaydın, Özay & Önsel Ekici, Şule, 2015. "Effects of quotas on Turkish foreign trade: A gravity model," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 1-7.
- Schumacher, D., 1995.
"Impact on German Trade of Increased Division of Labor with Eastern Europe,"
6, American Institute for Contemporary German Studies-.
- Dieter Schumacher, 1995. "Impact on German Trade of Increased Division of Labour with Eastern Europe," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 116, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Svaleryd, Helena & Vlachos, Jonas, 2002. "Financial Markets, Industrial Specialization and Comparative Advantage - Evidence from OECD Countries," Research Papers in Economics 2002:6, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Antoni Estevadeordal & Alan M. Taylor, 2002. "Testing Trade Theory in Ohlin's Time," NBER Working Papers 8842, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:130:y:1994:i:1:p:20-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.