Constructing a relationship-based brand equity model
The purpose of this study is to develop and test a model in which several aspects of the service encounter including service staff, servicescape, customer similarity, and customer interaction are taken into account simultaneously as antecedents of relationship quality and generation of brand equity. Testing the hypotheses involved two service settings, banks and department stores. The findings demonstrate that serviced staff and customer interaction have significant direct effects on brand equity. Surprisingly, four variables of service encounter have significant indirect effects through relationship quality on brand equity. Based on these findings, the implications for managers and future research are identified. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2009
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.panpacificbusiness.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/journal/11628|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Sheth, Jagdish & Parvatiyar, Atul, 1995. "Relationship marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 391-396.
- Dube, Laurette & Morin, Sylvie, 2001. "Background music pleasure and store evaluation: intensity effects and psychological mechanisms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 107-113, November.
- Yalch, Richard F. & Spangenberg, Eric R., 2000. "The Effects of Music in a Retail Setting on Real and Perceived Shopping Times," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 139-147, August.
- Netemeyer, Richard G. & Krishnan, Balaji & Pullig, Chris & Wang, Guangping & Yagci, Mehmet & Dean, Dwane & Ricks, Joe & Wirth, Ferdinand, 2004. "Developing and validating measures of facets of customer-based brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 209-224, February.
- Oliver, Richard L & DeSarbo, Wayne S, 1988. " Response Determinants in Satisfaction Judgments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 495-507, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:svcbiz:v:3:y:2009:i:3:p:275-292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.