Services and innovation systems: European models of Technology Centres
In regional contexts with a dense fabric of small- and medium-sized companies, the promotion of knowledge-intensive services through Technology Centres is a key innovation policy. This paper examines four models of Technology Centres in Europe: Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Denmark, Emilia-Romagna (Italy) and the Valencian Community (Spain). Aspects such as the participation of private agents, the financing of the Centres, and the diversity and heterogeneity of the models are discussed. Both the economic-productive base (company structure, sector specialization, location patterns, etc.) and the political–institutional features (distribution of competences, available budget, etc.) are major points for establishing the definition of each model. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2007
Volume (Year): 1 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.panpacificbusiness.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/journal/11628|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary Gorman & Sean McCarthy, 2006. "Business Development Support and Knowledge-Based Businesses," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 131-143, 01.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2006.
"Diffusion as a Process of Creative Adoption,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 211-226, 03.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2004. "Diffusion as a Process of Creative Adoption," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200403, University of Turin.
- Oughton, Christine & Landabaso, Mikel & Morgan, Kevin, 2002. "The Regional Innovation Paradox: Innovation Policy and Industrial Policy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 97-110, January.
- Philip Cooke & Loet Leydesdorff, 2006. "Regional Development in the Knowledge-Based Economy: The Construction of Advantage," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 5-15, 01.
- Johan Hauknes, . "Services in Innovation – Innovation in Services," STEP Report series 199813, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:svcbiz:v:1:y:2007:i:1:p:7-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.