On the sensitivity matrix of the Nash bargaining solution
In this note we provide a characterization of a subclass of bargaining problems for which the Nash solution has the property of disagreement point monotonicity.While the original d-monotonicity axiom and its stronger notion, strong d-monotonicity, were introduced and discussed by Thomson , this paper introduces local strong d-monotonicity and derives a necessary and sufficient condition for the Nash solution to be locally strong d-monotonic.This characterization is given by using the sensitivity matrix of the Nash bargaining solution w.r.t. the disagreement point d.Moverover, we present a sufficient condition for the Nash solution to be strong d-monotonic.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 37 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engwerda, Jacob C. & van Aarle, Bas & Plasmans, Joseph E. J., 2002.
"Cooperative and non-cooperative fiscal stabilization policies in the EMU,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 451-481, March.
- Engwerda, J.C. & van Aarle, B. & Plasmans, J.E.J., 2002. "Cooperative and non-cooperative fiscal stabilization policies in the EMU," Other publications TiSEM 2cc19f3f-16ad-4fed-a701-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377519 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomson, William, 1987. "Monotonicity of bargaining solutions with respect to the disagreement point," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 50-58, June.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-153486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douven, R. C. & Engwerda, J. C., 1995. "Is there room for convergence in the E.C.?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 113-130, March.
- de Zeeuw, A.J. & van der Ploeg, F., 1987.
"Difference games and policy evaluation : A conceptual framework,"
FEW 268, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- de Zeeuw, A J & van der Ploeg, F, 1991. "Difference Games and Policy Evaluation: A Conceptual Framework," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(4), pages 612-36, October.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521027038 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douven, R.C.M.H. & Engwerda, J.C., 1995. "Is there room for convergence in the E.C.?," Other publications TiSEM 36d97fd3-a495-4c2e-b800-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-88304 is not listed on IDEAS
- Douven, R.C.M.H., 1995. "Policy coordination and convergence in the EU," Other publications TiSEM d4354b51-1c72-4109-9bde-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:37:y:2008:i:2:p:265-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.