note: On an Axiomatization of the Banzhaf Value without the Additivity Axiom
We prove that the Banzhaf value is a unique symmetric solution having the dummy player property, the marginal contribution property introduced by Young (1985) and satisfying a very natural reduction axiom of Lehrer (1988).
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 26 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Note:||Received January 1996 Revised version July 1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/182/PS2|
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali & Sarkar, Palash, 2004.
"A characterization and some properties of the Banzhaf-Coleman-Dubey-Shapley sensitivity index,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 31-48, October.
- Barua, Rana & Chakravarty, Satya R. & Roy, Sonali & Sarka, Palash, 2007. "A Characterization and Some Properties of the Banzhaf-Coleman-Dubey-Shapley Sensitivity Index," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12807, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- van den Brink, Rene & van der Laan, Gerard, 2005. "A class of consistent share functions for games in coalition structure," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 193-212, April.
- René van den Brink & Gerard van der Laan, 2001. "A Class of Consistent Share Functions for Games in Coalition Structure," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-044/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Brink, J.R. & van der Laan, G., 2001. "A Class of Consistent Share Functions For Games in Coalition Structure," Discussion Paper 2001-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- André Casajus, 2011. "Marginality, differential marginality, and the Banzhaf value," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 365-372, September.
- Kamijo, Yoshio & Kongo, Takumi, 2012. "Whose deletion does not affect your payoff? The difference between the Shapley value, the egalitarian value, the solidarity value, and the Banzhaf value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 216(3), pages 638-646.
- Federico Valenciano & Annick Laruelle, 2000. "- Shapley-Shubik And Banzhaf Indices Revisited," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lucia Pusillo, 2013. "Banzhaf LikeValue for Games with Interval Uncertainty," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 005-014, March.
- Tadeusz Radzik & Andrzej Nowak & Theo Driessen, 1997. "Weighted Banzhaf values," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 45(1), pages 109-118, February.
- André Casajus, 2014. "Collusion, quarrel, and the Banzhaf value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 43(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Gerard van der Laan & René van den Brink, 2002. "A Banzhaf share function for cooperative games in coalition structure," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 61-86, August.
- van der Laan, G. & van den Brink, J.R., 1998. "A Banzhaf share function for cooperative games in coalition structure," Discussion Paper 1998-66, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fujimoto, Katsushige & Kojadinovic, Ivan & Marichal, Jean-Luc, 2006. "Axiomatic characterizations of probabilistic and cardinal-probabilistic interaction indices," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 72-99, April.
- Khmelnitskaya, Anna B., 1999. "Marginalist and efficient values for TU games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 45-54, July.
- Yan-An Hwang & Yu-Hsien Liao, 2010. "Consistency and dynamic approach of indexes," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 34(4), pages 679-694, April.
- repec:spr:compst:v:45:y:1997:i:1:p:109-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Álvarez-Mozos & O. Tejada, 2015. "The Banzhaf value in the presence of externalities," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(4), pages 781-805, April.
- Mikel Álvarez-Mozos & Oriol Tejada Pinyol, 2014. "The Banzhaf Value in the Presence of Externalities," UB Economics Working Papers 2014/302, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- J. Alonso-Meijide & B. Casas-Méndez & A. González-Rueda & S. Lorenzo-Freire, 2014. "Axiomatic of the Shapley value of a game with a priori unions," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 749-770, July.
- André Casajus, 2012. "Amalgamating players, symmetry, and the Banzhaf value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(3), pages 497-515, August.
- Ori Haimanko, 2016. "The Axiom Of Equivalence To Individual Power And The Banzhaf Index," Working Papers 1604, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Alonso-Meijide, J.M. & Álvarez-Mozos, M. & Fiestras-Janeiro, M.G., 2009. "Values of games with graph restricted communication and a priori unions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 202-213, September.
- Marcin Malawski, 2002. "Equal treatment, symmetry and Banzhaf value axiomatizations," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 31(1), pages 47-67.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:26:y:1997:i:1:p:137-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed