Out of sight: problem sequences and epistemic boundaries of medical know-how on glaucoma
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brian Loasby, 2003.
"Closed models and open systems,"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 285-306.
- Brian J. Loasby, 2003. "Closed models and open systems," SCEME Working Papers: Advances in Economic Methodology 004/2003, SCEME.
- Pierre Garrouste & Stavros Iaonnides, 2001. "Evolution and Path-Dependency in Economic Ideas: Past and Present," Post-Print halshs-00274526, HAL.
- Nelson, Richard R., 2003. "On the uneven evolution of human know-how," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 909-922, June.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & James, Andrew & Mina, Andrea, 2005. "Emergent innovation systems and the delivery of clinical services: The case of intra-ocular lenses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1283-1304, November.
- Carolina Castaldi & Giovanni Dosi, 2003. "The Grip of History and the Scope for Novelty: Some Results and Open Questions on Path Dependence in Economic Processes," LEM Papers Series 2003/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Brian J. Loasby, 2001. "Time, knowledge and evolutionary dynamics: why connections matter," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 393-412.
- Mina, A. & Ramlogan, R. & Tampubolon, G. & Metcalfe, J.S., 2007. "Mapping evolutionary trajectories: Applications to the growth and transformation of medical knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 789-806, June.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramlogan, Ronnie & Consoli, Davide, 2007.
"Knowledge, Understanding and the Dynamics of Medical Innovation,"
European Journal of Economic and Social Systems,
Lavoisier, vol. 20(2), pages 231-249.
- Ramlogan, Ronnie & Consoli, Davide, 2008. "Knowledge, understanding and the dynamics of medical innovation," MPRA Paper 9112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muñoz, Félix & Encinar, María Isabel, 2011. "Agents intentionality, capabilities and the performance of Systems of Innovation," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2011/03, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Consoli, Davide & Ramlogan, Ronnie, 2009. "Scope, Strategy and Structure: The Dynamics of Knowledge Networks in Medicine," MPRA Paper 12791, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Filippetti & Maria Savona, 2017.
"University–industry linkages and academic engagements: individual behaviours and firms’ barriers. Introduction to the special section,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 719-729, August.
- Filippetti, Andrea & Savona, Maria, 2017. "University–industry linkages and academic engagements: individual behaviours and firms’ barriers. Introduction to the special section," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 80070, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ronnie Ramlogan & Davide Consoli, 2014. "Dynamics of collaborative research medicine: the case of glaucoma," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 544-566, August.
- Lauto, Giancarlo & Valentin, Finn, 2016. "The knowledge production model of the New Sciences: The case of Translational Medicine," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 12-21.
- Brian Chi-ang Lin & Siqi Zheng & Nicolò Barbieri & Claudia Ghisetti & Marianna Gilli & Giovanni Marin & Francesco Nicolli, 2016.
"A Survey Of The Literature On Environmental Innovation Based On Main Path Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 596-623, July.
- Nicolò Barbieri & Claudia Ghisetti & Marianna Gilli & Giovanni Marin & Francesco Nicolli, 2015. "A Survey of the Literature on Environmental Innovation Based on Main Path Analysis," SEEDS Working Papers 0715, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Apr 2015.
- repec:spr:scient:v:95:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0939-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davide Consoli & Andrea Mina, 2009. "An evolutionary perspective on health innovation systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 297-319, April.
- Thune, Taran & Mina, Andrea, 2016. "Hospitals as innovators in the health-care system: A literature review and research agenda," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1545-1557.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Growth of knowledge; Problem sequences; Medicine; O33; I11; D83; D85;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joevec:v:18:y:2008:i:1:p:31-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .