An empirical examination of the effectiveness of dollar-cost averaging using downside risk performance measures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leggio, Karyl B. & Lien, Donald, 2001. "Does loss aversion explain dollar-cost averaging?," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-4), pages 117-127.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Knight, John R. & Mandell, Lewis, 1992. "Nobody gains from dollar cost averaging analytical, numerical and empirical results," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 51-61.
- Auke Plantinga & Franks Sortino & Robert van der Meer, 2004. "The impact of downside risk on risk-adjusted performance of mutual funds in the Euronext markets," Finance 0407016, EconWPA.
- Terrance Odean, 1998. "Are Investors Reluctant to Realize Their Losses?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1775-1798, October.
- Constantinides, George M., 1979. "A Note on the Suboptimality of Dollar-Cost Averaging as an Investment Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 443-450, June.
- Vora, Premal P. & McGinnis, John D., 2000. "The asset allocation decision in retirement: lessons from dollar-cost averaging," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 47-63, 00.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Huai-I & Hsieh, Tsung-Yu & Kuo, Wen-Hsiu & Hsu, Hsinan, 2015. "Can a path-dependent strategy outperform a path-independent strategy?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 119-127.
- repec:ods:journl:v:7:y:2018:i:1:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mingers, John & Parker, Kim T., 2010. "Should you stop investing in a sinking fund when it is sinking?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 508-513, November.
- Sharma, Prateek & Vipul,, 2015. "Performance of risk-based portfolios under different market conditions: Evidence from India," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 397-411.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jecfin:v:27:y:2003:i:2:p:211-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.