Are sports teams multiproduct firms?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnett, William A. & Geweke, John & Wolfe, Michael, 1991. "Seminonparametric Bayesian estimation of the asymptotically ideal production model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1-2), pages 5-50.
- J. C. H. Jones, 1969. "The Economics of the National Hockey League," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Stewart, Kenneth G & Jones, J C H, 1998. "Hedonics and Demand Analysis: The Implicit Demand for Player Attributes," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(2), pages 192-202, April.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Goddard & Peter J. Sloane, 2005. "Economics of sport," Chapters,in: Economics Uncut, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Craig A. Depken Ii & Darren Grant, 2011.
"Multiproduct Pricing In Major League Baseball: A Principal Components Analysis,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 474-488, April.
- Darren Grant & Craig A. Depken, II, 2007. "Multiproduct Pricing in Major League Baseball: A Principal Components Analysis," Working Papers 0706, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Blackorby, Charles & Primont, Daniel & Russell, R. Robert, 1977. "On testing separability restrictions with flexible functional forms," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 195-209, March.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Hall, Robert E, 1973. "The Specification of Technology with Several Kinds of Output," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 878-892, July-Aug..
- Donald G. Ferguson & J. C. H. Jones & Kenneth G. Stewart, 2000. "Competition Within A Cartel: League Conduct And Team Conduct In The Market For Baseball Player Services," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 422-430, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yazid Dissou & Reza Ghazal, 2010.
"Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 121-148.
- Yazid DISSOU & Reza GHAZAL, "undated". "Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing: Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals," EcoMod2009 21500025, EcoMod.
- Yazid Dissou & Reza Ghazal, 2008. "Energy Substitutability in Canadian Manufacturing: Econometric Estimation with Bootstrap Confidence Intervals," Working Papers 0809E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Stewart, 2009.
"Non-jointness and scope economies in the multiproduct symmetric generalized McFadden cost function,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 161-171, December.
- Kenneth G. Stewart, 2007. "Nonjointness and Scope Economies in the Multiproduct Symmetric Generalized McFadden Cost Function," Econometrics Working Papers 0709, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
More about this item
KeywordsSports economics; Hedonic price; Multi-output production; Symmetric generalized McFadden;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:39:y:2010:i:2:p:487-514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.