Schooling choices: Preferences, discount rates, and rates of return
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tolan, Songül & Kemptner, Daniel, 2016. "The Role of Time Preferences in Educational Decision Making," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145756, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Carlos Giovanni González Espitia & Jhon James Mora Rodríguez & Andrés Felipe Cuadros Meñaca, 2014. "Oportunidades educativas y características familiares en Colombia: un análisis por cohortes," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- Julia Reilich, 2011. "Smoking and Returns to Education: Empirical Evidence for Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 420, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- repec:ucp:jlabec:doi:10.1086/694654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alstadsí¦ter, Annette & Kolm, Ann-Sofie & Larsen, Birthe, 2008. "Money or joy: The choice of educational type," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 107-122, March.
- Manuel Salas Velasco, 2004. "Rendimientos privados de las inversiones en educación superior a partir de ecuaciones de ingresos," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 169(2), pages 87-117, June.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Zbinden, André, 2001. "Rates of Return to Education: The View of Students in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 371, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Annette Alstadsæter, 2011.
"Measuring the Consumption Value of Higher Education,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 57(3), pages 458-479, September.
- Annette AlstadsÃ¦ter, 2004. "Measuring the consumption value of higher education," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 40, Econometric Society.
- Annette Alstadsæter, 2009. "Measuring the Consumption Value of Higher Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 2799, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Cullinan & Darragh Flannery & Sharon Walsh & Selina Mccoy, 2013.
"Distance Effects, Social Class and the Decision to Participate in Higher Education in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(1), pages 19-51.
- Cullinan, John & Flannery, Darragh & Walsh, Sharon & McCoy, Selina, 2012. "Distance Effects, Social Class and the Decision to Participate in Higher Education in Ireland," Papers WP444, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Brian Jacob & Brian McCall & Kevin Stange, 2018.
"College as Country Club: Do Colleges Cater to Students’ Preferences for Consumption?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 309-348.
- Brian Jacob & Brian McCall & Kevin M. Stange, 2013. "College as Country Club: Do Colleges Cater to Students' Preferences for Consumption?," NBER Working Papers 18745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fersterer, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2003.
"Smoking, discount rates, and returns to education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 561-566, December.
- Josef Fersterer & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2000. "Smoking, discount rates, and returns to education," Economics working papers 2000-02, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Fersterer, Josef & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2000. "Smoking, Discount Rates, and Returns to Education," IZA Discussion Papers 126, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tolan, Songül & Kemptner, Daniel, 2016.
"The Role of Time Preferences in Educational Decision Making,"
Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change
145756, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Daniel Kemptner & Songül Tolan, 2016. "The Role of Time Preferences in Educational Decision Making," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1628, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wambugu, Anthony, 2002. "Family Background, Education and Earnings in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 76, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Flannery, Darragh & O'Donoghue, Cathal, 2009. "The Determinants of Higher Education Participation in Ireland: A Micro Analysis," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 40(1), pages 73-107.
- Mª del Salinas-Jiménez & Joaquín Artés & Javier Salinas-Jiménez, 2011. "Education as a Positional Good: A Life Satisfaction Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 409-426, September.
- Dur, Robert & Glazer, Amihai, 2008. "Subsidizing Enjoyable Education," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 1023-1039, October.
- Anchor, John R. & Fiserová, Jana & Mars[iota]ková, Katerina & Urbánek, Václav, 2011. "Student expectations of the financial returns to higher education in the Czech Republic and England: Evidence from business schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 673-681, August.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman capital; schooling preferences; wages; ability;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:25:y:2000:i:1:p:15-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.