National self-insurance and self-protection against adversity: bureaucratic management of security and moral hazard
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Cornes, 1993. "Dyke Maintenance and Other Stories: Some Neglected Types of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 259-271.
- Toshihiro Ihori & Martin McGuireb, 2008. "National Adversity: Managing Insurance and Protection," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-554, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Toshihiro Ihori & Martin McGuire, 2006. "Group Provision Against Adversity: Security By Insurance vs. Protection," CARF F-Series CARF-F-086, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- McGuire, Martin C & Pratt, John & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1991. "Paying to Improve Your Chances: Gambling or Insurance?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 329-338, December.
- Hoy, Michael & Robson, Arthur J., 1981. "Insurance as a Giffen good," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heike Auerswald & Kai A. Konrad & Marcel Thum, 2018.
"Adaptation, mitigation and risk-taking in climate policy,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 269-287, July.
- Heike Auerswald & Kai A. Konrad & Marcel Thum, 2011. "Adaptation, Mitigation and Risk-Taking in Climate Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3320, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nicklisch, Andreas & Köke, Sonja & Lange, Andreas, 2016. "Is Adversity a School of Wisdom? Experimental Evidence on Cooperative Protection Against Stochastic Losses," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145716, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Martin C. McGuire, 2010. "Economic Analysis and International Security," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 6(2), pages 313-346, March.
- Tim Lohse & Julio R. Robledo & Ulrich Schmidt, 2012.
"Self‐Insurance and Self‐Protection as Public Goods,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(1), pages 57-76, March.
- Lohse, Tim & Julio R. Robledo & Ulrich Schmidt, 2006. "Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-354, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Lohse, Tim & Robledo, Julio & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2010. "Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods," Kiel Working Papers 1613, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Robledo, Julio R. & Lohse, Tim, 2007. "Self-Insurance and Self-Protection as Public Goods," Economics Working Papers 2007-16, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Lohse, Tim & Robledo, Julio R., 2012.
"Public self-insurance and the Samaritan's dilemma in a federation,"
Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism"
SP II 2012-103, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lohse, Tim & Robledo, Julio R., 2012. "Public Self-Insurance and the Samaritan's Dilemma in a Federation," Ruhr Economic Papers 330, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Tim Lohse & Julio R. Robledo, 2013.
"Public Self-Insurance and the Samaritanâ€™s Dilemma in a Federation,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 41(1), pages 92-120, January.
- Lohse, Tim & Robledo, Julio R., 2012. "Public self-insurance and the Samaritan's dilemma in a federation," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2012-103, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
More about this item
KeywordsSelf-insurance; Self-protection; Actuarially fair condition; Inferior goods; Public goods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:11:y:2010:i:2:p:103-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.