Optimisation of short term commercial bank loans to corporates in terms of financing operating activities in Slovenia
This paper presents the mathematical model for determination of the optimal amount of short term commercial bank loans to corporate sector in Slovenia which is based on probabilistic inventory models. The goal of this paper is complete optimisation of cash inventories of corporate sector in the national economy. The results of optimisation are important for the corporate sector and for commercial banks. The optimal order quantity is an amount of short term commercial bank loan to corporates and defines a lending potential of commercial banks in a national economy. As such is important for the central bank when conducting monetary policy. Special emphasis has been given to determinants of optimal order quantity, which reflect market conditions in national economy. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2007
Volume (Year): 15 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.fhi.sk/ssov
Web page: http://www.mot.org.hu/index_en.html
Web page: http://nb.vse.cz/csov/english.htm
Web page: http://www.oegor.at/
Web page: http://hdoi.hr/en_US/en/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10100|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. J. Khadaroo, 2003. "A smooth transition regression equation of the demand for UK M0," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 769-773.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999.
"The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997. "The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings," NBER Working Papers 6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norbert Janssen, 1998. "The demand for M0 in the United Kingdom reconsidered: some specification issues," Bank of England working papers 83, Bank of England.
- Kim, Chang-Soo & Mauer, David C. & Sherman, Ann E., 1998. "The Determinants of Corporate Liquidity: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 335-359, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)