The Widening Canada-US Productivity Gap in Manufaturing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John R Baldwin & Ron S Jarmin & Jianmin Tang, 2002. "The Trend to Smaller Producers in Manufacturing in Canada and the U.S," Working Papers 02-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Baldwin, John R. Jarmin , Ron S. Tang, Jianmin, 2002. "The Trend to Smaller Producers in Manufacturing: A Canada/U.S. Comparison," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2002003e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baldwin, John R. Gu, Wulong, 2005. "Global Links: Multinationals, Foreign Ownership and Productivity Growth in Canadian Manufacturing," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2005009e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Someshwar Rao & Andrew Sharpe & Jianmin Tang, 2004. "Productivity Growth in Service Industries: A Canadian Success Story," CSLS Research Reports 2004-01, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2003. "Why are Americans More Productive than Canadians?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 6, pages 19-37, Spring.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2007.
"Lessons for Canada from International Productivity Experience,"
International Productivity Monitor,
Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 14, pages 20-37, Spring.
- Andrew Sharpe, 2006. "Lessons for Canada from International Productivity Experience," CSLS Research Reports 2006-02, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Baldwin, John R. Brown, W. Mark Gu, Wulong, 2008. "Geographic Market Access and the Effects of Trade on Length of Production Run, Product Diversity and Plant Scale of Canadian Manufacturing Plants, 1974 to 1999," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2008052e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Centre for the Study of Living Standards, 2003. "Productivity Trends in Natural Resources Industries in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2003-01, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Someshwar Rao & Jianmin Tang & Weimin Wang, 2003. "Canada's Recent Productivity Record and Capital Accumulation," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 7, pages 24-38, Fall.
- Don Drummond & Evan Capeluck & Matthew Calver, 2015. "The Key Challenge for Canadian Public Policy: Generating Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth," CSLS Research Reports 2015-11, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Jeremy Smith, 2004. "Assessing Aggregate Labour Productivity Trends in Canada and the United States: Total Economy versus Business Sector Perspectives," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 8, pages 47-58, Spring.
- Jeremy Smith, 2004. "Aggregate Labour Productivity Growth in Canada and the United States: Definitions, Trends and Measurement Issues," CSLS Research Reports 2004-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada; United States; Manufacturing; Labor Productivity; Labour Productivity; Productivity; Employment; Capital Intensity; Technological Change; Innovation; High-Tech; Capacity; Cyclical; Investment; Relative Price; Relative Price of Labour; Relative Price of Investment;
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O51 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ipmsls:v:5:y:2002:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.