The Export Competitiveness Of Social Enterprises As Compared To With Export Smes
Purpose – This study aims to determine the export competitiveness of the Social Economy in Andalusia, this is carried out by quantifying the export competitiveness of the internationalized enterprises of the Social Economy in the export sector of the region. Design/methodology/approach – The strengths and weaknesses of this business sector are quantified and the Rasch´s Probability. It is a model used to measure the latent variable called export competitiveness, which is defined by items (factors): size, cooperation, number of target markets, competitive advantages, years abroad and percentage of sales abroad. The article provides empirical evidence of 362 Andalusian export enterprises. Findings – The results show that the export competitiveness of social enterprises reflected their strengths as compared with other SMEs. Originality/value – This concept paper empirically combines two different fields of knowledge (design and behavior of companies) in the construction of the foreign trade. This work standardizes the treatment of two descriptors scarcely discussed in the literature: Social Enterprises and Export.
Volume (Year): 26 (2017)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela|
Web page: http://www.usc.es/econo/RGE/benvidag.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knight, Gary A., 2001. "Entrepreneurship and strategy in the international SME," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 155-171.
- Bobillo, Alfredo M. & López-Iturriaga, Felix & Tejerina-Gaite, Fernando, 2010. "Firm performance and international diversification: The internal and external competitive advantages," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 607-618, December.
- Patrycja Klimas, 2015. "Organisational innovativeness: its level, building blocks and relationships with interorganisational cooperation inside innovation networks," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(4), pages 373-395.
- Man, Thomas W. Y. & Lau, Theresa & Chan, K. F., 2002. "The competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 123-142, March.
- Lucas FERRERO & Carlos Matías HISGEN, 2014. "Determinants of exports intensity of industrial SMEs in Argentina," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(2).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdo:regaec:v:26:y:2017:i:1_5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Iglesias Casal)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.