The Technology Based Sectors In Mexico: An Analysis For The Firm Size And The Production Scale
Many authors have remarked the importance of the Technology Based Firm (TBF) in the last years, in part due to factors like innovation, production scale, technological change and their flexibility in the production processes to create aggregate value. Instead of these arguments there is not a definition of the technology based sectors, these sectors and their technological level are described in this article. It is also analyzed the returns of scale and the size composition of these technological sectors, where it is shown that the technology based SMEs are as efficient as the large enterprises.
Volume (Year): 23 (2014)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda Xoan XXIII S/N, 15704 Santiago de Compostela|
Web page: http://www.usc.es/econo/RGE/benvidag.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S., 1998. "New technology-based firms in the European union: an introduction," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 933-946, April.
- Teixeira, Aurora A.C. & Tavares-Lehmann, Ana Teresa, 2014. "Human capital intensity in technology-based firms located in Portugal: Does foreign ownership matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 737-748.
- Panagiotis Ganotakis & James H. Love, 2011. "R&D, product innovation, and exporting: evidence from UK new technology based firms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 279-306, April.
- Fontes, Margarida & Coombs, Rod, 2001. "Contribution of new technology-based firms to the strengthening of technological capabilities in intermediate economies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 79-97, January.
- Régis Coeurderoy & Gordon Murray, 2008. "Regulatory environments and the location decision: evidence from the early foreign market entries of new-technology-based firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(4), pages 670-687, June.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Sanjaya Lall, 2000. "The Technological Structure and Performance of Developing Country Manufactured Exports, 1985-98," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 337-369.
- Kollmer, Holger & Dowling, Michael, 2004. "Licensing as a commercialisation strategy for new technology-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1141-1151, October.
- Olof Ejermo & Jing Xiao, 2014. "Entrepreneurship and survival over the business cycle: how do new technology-based firms differ?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 411-426, August.
- Autio, Erkko & Yli-Renko, Helena, 1998. "New, technology-based firms in small open economies--An analysis based on the Finnish experience," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 973-987, April.
- Alexandra Tsvetkova & Jean-Claude Thill & Deborah Strumsky, 2014. "Metropolitan innovation, firm size, and business survival in a high-tech industry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 661-676, October.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2005. "Resources, capabilities, risk capital and the creation of university spin-out companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1043-1057, September.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Alberto Onetti & Antonella Zucchella & Marian Jones & Patricia McDougall-Covin, 2012. "Internationalization, innovation and entrepreneurship: business models for new technology-based firms," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 16(3), pages 337-368, August.
- Bollinger, Lynn & Hope, Katherine & Utterback, James M., 1983. "A review of literature and hypotheses on new technology-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Storey, D. J. & Tether, B. S., 1998. "Public policy measures to support new technology-based firms in the European Union," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1037-1057, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdo:regaec:v:23:y:2014:i:4_5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Iglesias Casal)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.