The Role of Budget Stabilization Funds in Smoothing Government Expenditures over the Business Cycle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cremer, Helmuth & et al, 1996.
"Mobility and Redistribution: A Survey,"
Public Finance = Finances publiques,
, vol. 51(3), pages 325-352.
- CREMER, Helmuth & FOURGEAUD, Virginie & LEITE MONTEIRO, Manuel & MARCHAND, Maurice, 1995. "Mobility and Redistribution : A Survey," CORE Discussion Papers 1995066, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CREMER, Helmuth & FOURGEAUD, Virginie & LEITE-MONTEIRO, Manuel & MARCHAND, Maurice, 1996. "Mobility and redistribution: A survey," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1371, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Udo Ebert & Patrick Moyes, 2000. "Adjusting Incomes for Needs: Can One Avoid Equivalence Scales?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0917, Econometric Society.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Bouguignon, F. & Chiappori, P. A., 1988. "What do we learn about tax reform from international comparisons? France and Britain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 343-352, March.
- Maria Cubel & Peter Lambert, 2002.
"Progression-neutral income tax reforms and horizontal inequity,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, pages 1-8.
- Maria Cubel & Peter Lambert, 2002. "Progression-neutral income tax reforms and horizontal inequity," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 1-8, December.
- Moyes, Patrick & Shorrocks, Anthony, 1998. "The impossibility of a progressive tax structure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 49-65, July.
- Wellisch,Dietmar, 2000. "Theory of Public Finance in a Federal State," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521630351, March.
- Maria Cubel & Peter J. Lambert, 2002. "A Regional Approach to Income Tax Reform," Public Finance Review, , vol. 30(2), pages 124-143, March.
- Fellman, J, 1976. "The Effect of Transformations on Lorenz Curves," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 823-824, July.
- Nuria Badenes & Julio LÃ³pez-Laborda & Jorge Onrubia & JesÃºs Ruiz-Huerta, 2001. "Simplification and Decentralization of the Income Tax," Public Finance Review, , vol. 29(1), pages 49-60, January.
- Udo Ebert, 2000. "Equivalizing Incomes: A Normative Approach," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(6), pages 619-640, December.
- Lambert, Peter J, 1993. "Inequality Reduction through the Income Tax," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(239), pages 357-365, August.
- Ebert, Udo, 1997. "Social Welfare When Needs Differ: An Axiomatic Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 233-244, May.
- Udo Ebert & Patrick Moyes, 2003. "Equivalence Scales Reconsidered," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 319-343, January.
- Tresch, Richard W. & Tresch, Richard W., 2002. "Public Finance," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780126990515.
- Udo Ebert, 1999. "Using equivalent income of equivalent adults to rank income distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(2), pages 233-258.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asger Lau Andersen & David Dreyer Lassen & Lasse Holbøll Westh Nielsen, 2012. "Late Budgets," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 1-40, November.
- Gary A. Wagner & Erick Elder, 2007. "How well are the states of the Eighth Federal Reserve District prepared for the next recession?," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 75-87.
- Zhao, Bo, 2014. "Saving for a rainy day: estimating the appropriate size of U.S. state budget stabilization funds," Working Papers 14-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Zhao, Bo, 2016. "Saving for a rainy day: Estimating the needed size of U.S. state budget stabilization funds," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 130-152.
- Da, Zhi & Warachka, Mitch & Yun, Hayong, 2015. "Lottery tax windfalls, state-level fiscal policy, and consumption," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 9-12.
- Stuart Landon and Constance Smith, 2015.
"Rule-Based Resource Revenue Stabilization Funds: A Welfare Comparison,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 2014. "Rule-Based Resource Revenue Stabilization Funds: A Welfare Comparison," Working Papers 2014-1, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Svec Justin & Kondo Ayako, 2012.
"Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the US States,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-35, March.
- Ayako Kondo & Justin Svec, 2009. "Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the U.S. States," Working Papers 0911, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Soon, Siew-Voon & Lau, Evan, 2017. "Fiscal sustainability in an emerging market economy: When does public debt turn bad?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 99-113.
- John Merrifield & Barry W. Poulson, 2014. "State Fiscal Policies for Budget Stabilization and Economic Growth: A Dynamic Scoring Analysis," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(1), pages 47-81, Winter.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal policy; business cycles; budget stabilization funds; rainy day funds;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:pubfin:v:33:y:2005:i:4:p:439-465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .