Relationship Between Growth and Prosperity in the 100 Largest U.S. Metropolitan Areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victoria Basolo & Chihyen Huang, 2001. "Cities and Economic Development: Does the City Limits Story Still Apply?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 15(4), pages 327-339, November.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & Hui Li, 2009. "Who Wins From Local Economic Development?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 23(1), pages 13-27, February.
- Timothy J. Bartik, "undated". "Who Benefits from Local Job Growth: Migrants or Original Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles tjb1993rs, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Craig Gundersen & James Ziliak, 2004. "Poverty and macroeconomic performance across space, race, and family structure," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(1), pages 61-86, February.
- Barbara Bergmann, 2010. "Is Prosperity Possible Without Growth?," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 49-56.
- Margaret E. Dewar, 1998. "Why State and Local Economic Development Programs Cause so Little Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 12(1), pages 68-87, February.
- Ellis Delken, 2008. "Happiness in shrinking cities in Germany," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 213-218, June.
- Roger B. Hammer & Gary P. Green, 1996. "Local Growth Promotion: Policy Adoption versus Effort," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 10(4), pages 331-341, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neil Reid & Michael C. Carroll & Xinyue Ye, 2013. "The Great Recession of 2007-2009," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 27(2), pages 87-89, May.
- Tunstall, Thomas, 2015. "Recent Economic and Community Impact of Unconventional Oil and Gas Exploration and Production on South Texas Counties in the Eagle Ford Shale Area," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1).
- Virginie Mamadouh & Luiza Bialasiewicz & Gordon F. Mulligan & Neil Reid & Michael S. Moore, 2016. "The Current Health of Metropolitan Labour Markets in the United States," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(2), pages 232-253, April.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity development; job creation; jobs; state and local ED policy; sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:26:y:2012:i:3:p:220-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.