Changes In Romanian Higher Education After 1990
Education is one of the key factors in the economic development of any country. The higher education system in Romania has undergone major transformations in the last 23 years. This paper introduces the evolution of some indicators characterizing higher education in Romania in the last 23 years. In this period we have witnessed an important increase in the number of students but this increase was not correlated with increased numbers of teachers or endowment development. Extensive development can not be sustained on long-term, which has been shown in the past 3 years when the number of students began to drop. The data presented in this study come from the NIS, UNESCO Institute for Statistics and EUROSTAT. Data processing has been made using econometric methods such as ADF unit root tests and Granger Causality.
Volume (Year): 61 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542|
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1995. "Inflation and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012. "Inflation and Economic Growth," CEMA Working Papers 568, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Andrei, Tudorel & Lefter, Viorel & Oancea, Bogdan & Stancu, Stelian, 2010. "A Comparative Study of Some Features of Higher Education in Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 280-294, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12656 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3508 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsr:journl:v:61:y:2013:i:3:p:28-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.