Testing The Models Of Regional Specialization In Terms Of New Theories Of International Trade
To test intra-industry specialization patterns, in regional profile, was started to determine the regional indices of marginal specialization (Brulhart indices), since these decompose the changes that occur in the processes of specialization into three components: the marginal intra-industry specialization, inter-industry specialization that determine the increase of previous specialization and the inter-industry specialization causing its decrease. To capture the dynamic determinants of specialization processes were built econometric models where were tested only those predictors offered by new theories of international trade.
Volume (Year): 61 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542|
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Amiti, 1997.
"Specialisation patterns in Europe,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20321, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Paulo Bastos & Manuel Cabral, 2007.
"The Dynamics of International Trade Patterns,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 143(3), pages 391-415, October.
- Michael H. Stierle & Ulrike von Schütz, 2003. "Regional specialisation and sectoral concentration: an empirical analysis for the enlarged EU," ERSA conference papers ersa03p317, European Regional Science Association.
- Davis, Donald R. & Weinstein, David E., 2003. "Market access, economic geography and comparative advantage: an empirical test," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Brulhart, Marius, 2000. "Dynamics of Intraindustry Trade and Labor-Market Adjustment," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 420-35, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsr:journl:v:61:y:2013:i:2:p:16-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.