Affective Social Ties - Missink Link in Governance Theory
Although governance is about interpersonal relationships, it appears that the antecedents and consequences of affective bonds (social ties) in social groups dealing with common-pool resources and public goods have been neglected. The welfare costs of the neglect of such bonds and their dynamic properties in economics are unclear but may be substantial. In this paper, I discuss a theoretical ‘dual process’ social ties model and the behavioral experimental and recent neurological evidence this model has obtained. Furthermore, a number of implications and institutional issues are addressed.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 57 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Sonnemannstraße 9-11, 60314 Frankfurt am Main|
Phone: 069 154008-0
Web page: http://www.frankfurt-school-verlag.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reuben, Ernesto & van Winden, Frans, 2008.
"Social ties and coordination on negative reciprocity: The role of affect,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1-2), pages 34-53, February.
- Ernesto Reuben & Frans van Winden, "undated". "Social Ties and Coordination on Negative Reciprocity: The Role of Affect," Discussion Papers 06-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Ernesto Reuben & Frans van Winden, 2006. "Reciprocity and Emotions when Reciprocators Know each other," CESifo Working Paper Series 1674, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ernesto Reuben & Frans van Winden, 2004. "Reciprocity and Emotions when Reciprocators know each other," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-098/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- David Hugh-Jones & Ro'i Zultan, 2010. "Brothers in Arms: Cooperation in Defence," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-064, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- N. Lesca, 2011. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640604, HAL.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040098 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)