Analysing The Degree Of Specialization In Romania’S Services Trade
This paper aims to contribute to a better understanding of trade specialization in Romania. In particular, the work examines the changes in trade patterns at sectoral level. In order to distinguish between the two types of trade specialization (intersectoral specialization and intra-sectoral trade (IST)) the empirical work was carried out using the Balassa index and the Grubel-Lloyd index. The former examines the degree of inter-sectoral specialization by sector; the latter considers the level of trade specialization between sectors. The empirical results support both the new trade theory, which predicts an increasing level of intra-sectoral trade with liberalization processes, and the new strand of trade theory, which, distinguishing between horizontal and vertical IST, suggests a co-existence between inter- and intra-sectoral trade.
Volume (Year): 6 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Andersson & Ejermo, Olof, 2006.
"Technology and Trade - an analysis of technology specialization and export flows,"
Papers in Innovation Studies
2006/5, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Andersson, Martin & Ejermo, Olof, 2006. "Technology and Trade - an analysis of technology specialization and export flows," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 65, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Carlos Gil & Manuel Rapún, 2004.
"Regional Specialization In The European Union,"
Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra
0404, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Algieri, Bernadina, 2004. "Trade specialisation patterns : the case of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Gilberto A. Libânio, 2003. "Trade, specialization and growth: a preliminary assessment of the Brazilian experience in the nineties," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG td220, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v:6:y:2009:i:1:p:94-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.