A Spatial analysis on the relation between accessibility and spatial development for Cross-border regions
Cross-border regional development is one of the EU current major concerns. These regions are usually less dynamic socio-economically. Some of them have recently benefited from new roads, which have mainly been funded through the European financial program of Transnational Transport Networks, TEN-T. Using socioeconomic data from the Portugal/Spain cross-border area a model able to measure the relation between accessibility and development in this region is being calibrated. This paper reflects an initial study using Portuguese and Spanish geographical units in the border area for the period 1991-2001 and giving special efforts to the building of similar spatial units in both countries.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 21 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2005. "Public Investment in Transportation Infrastructure and Economic Performance in Portugal," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 177-196, 05.
- Matilde Mas & Joaquin Maudos & Francisco Perez & Ezequiel Uriel, 1996.
"Infrastructures and Productivity in the Spanish Regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 641-649.
- Ezequiel Uriel Jiménez & Francisco Pérez García & Matilde Mas Ivars & Joaquín Maudos Villarroya, 1995. "Infrastructures And Productivity In The Spanish Regions," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Vickerman, R W, 1995. "The Regional Impacts of Trans-European Networks," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 237-54, May.
- Forslund, Ulla M & Johansson, Borje, 1995. "Assessing Road Investments: Accessibility Changes, Cost Benefit and Production Effects," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 155-74, May.
- Jes�s Mur & Fernando López & Ana Angulo, 2009. "Testing the hypothesis of stability in spatial econometric models," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 409-444, 06.
- Elena L�pez & Javier Gutiérrez & Gabriel G�mez, 2008. "Measuring Regional Cohesion Effects of Large-scale Transport Infrastructure Investments: An Accessibility Approach," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 277-301, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.