A Spatial analysis on the relation between accessibility and spatial development for Cross-border regions
Cross-border regional development is one of the EU current major concerns. These regions are usually less dynamic socio-economically. Some of them have recently benefited from new roads, which have mainly been funded through the European financial program of Transnational Transport Networks, TEN-T. Using socioeconomic data from the Portugal/Spain cross-border area a model able to measure the relation between accessibility and development in this region is being calibrated. This paper reflects an initial study using Portuguese and Spanish geographical units in the border area for the period 1991-2001 and giving special efforts to the building of similar spatial units in both countries.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 21 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org|
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- David Aschauer, 1988. "Is public expenditure productive?," Staff Memoranda 88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Elena López & Javier GutiÃ©rrez & Gabriel Gómez, 2008. "Measuring Regional Cohesion Effects of Large-scale Transport Infrastructure Investments: An Accessibility Approach," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 277-301, February.
- Vickerman, R W, 1995. "The Regional Impacts of Trans-European Networks," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 237-254, May.
- Forslund, Ulla M & Johansson, Borje, 1995. "Assessing Road Investments: Accessibility Changes, Cost Benefit and Production Effects," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 155-174, May.
- Jesús Mur & Fernando López & Ana Angulo, 2009. "Testing the hypothesis of stability in spatial econometric models," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 409-444, 06.
- Matilde Mas & Joaquin Maudos & Francisco Perez & Ezequiel Uriel, 1996. "Infrastructures and Productivity in the Spanish Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 641-649.
- Ezequiel Uriel Jiménez & Francisco Pérez García & Matilde Mas Ivars & Joaquín Maudos Villarroya, 1995. "Infrastructures And Productivity In The Spanish Regions," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Jorge M. Andraz, 2005. "Public Investment in Transportation Infrastructure and Economic Performance in Portugal," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 177-196, 05. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.