Market risk valuation modeling for the European countries at the financial crisis of 2008
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Sasa Zikovic & Bora Aktan, 2009. "Global financial crisis and VaR performance in emerging markets: A case of EU candidate states - Turkey and Croatia," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 149-170.
- Lopez, Jose A, 2001.
"Evaluating the Predictive Accuracy of Volatility Models,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 87-109, March.
- Jose A. Lopez, 1995. "Evaluating the predictive accuracy of volatility models," Research Paper 9524, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Roxana Chiriac & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2010. "How Risky Is the Value at Risk?," Working Paper series 07_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Enrique Sentana, 1995. "Quadratic ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 639-661.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Dima Alberg & Haim Shalit & Rami Yosef, 2008.
"Estimating stock market volatility using asymmetric GARCH models,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1201-1208.
- Dima Alberg & Haim Shalit & Rami Yosef, 2006. "Estimating Stock Market Volatility Using Asymmetric GARCH Models," Working Papers 0610, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Xin Zhao & Carl John Scarrott & Marco Reale & Les Oxley, 2009. "Bayesian Extreme Value Mixture Modelling for Estimating VaR," Working Papers in Economics 09/15, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2003. "Conditional volatility, skewness, and kurtosis: existence, persistence, and comovements," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1699-1737, August.
- repec:cdl:ucsbec:3-00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anders Wilhelmsson, 2006. "Garch forecasting performance under different distribution assumptions," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(8), pages 561-578.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shcherba, Alexandr, 2014. "Comparing «Realized volatility» models in the VaR calculation for the Russian equity market," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 34(2), pages 120-136.
More about this item
KeywordsVaR; APARCH; market risk; financial crisis 2008;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.