Bayesian Extreme Value Mixture Modelling for Estimating VaR
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bali, Turan G. & Weinbaum, David, 2007. "A conditional extreme value volatility estimator based on high-frequency returns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 361-397, February.
- Hang Chan, Ngai & Deng, Shi-Jie & Peng, Liang & Xia, Zhendong, 2007. "Interval estimation of value-at-risk based on GARCH models with heavy-tailed innovations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 556-576, April.
- Les Oxley & Marco Reale & Carl Scarrott & Xin Zhao, 2009. "Extreme Value GARCH modelling with Bayesian Inference," Working Papers in Economics 09/05, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Christopher A. T. Ferro & Johan Segers, 2003. "Inference for clusters of extreme values," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(2), pages 545-556.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shcherba, Alexandr, 2012. "Market risk valuation modeling for the European countries at the financial crisis of 2008," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 27(3), pages 20-35.
More about this item
KeywordsExtreme values; Bayesian; Threshold estimation; Value-at-Risk;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-11-07 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-11-07 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbt:econwp:09/15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Albert Yee). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decannz.html .