An approach to ratings mapping
In the paper an econometric method of rating scales mapping is suggested. The method is based on the setting up ordered choice models for the ratings and mapping the correspondent latent variables («continuous ratings») with a monotone function. The method takes into account bank’s financial indicators and other factors which rating agency’s experts use in their work. The method is tested on the real data on Russian banks’ ratings and their quarterly balance sheet data for the period 2006:1 – 2010:4.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peresetsky, Anatoly, 2009. "Models for the External Support Component of Moody's Bank Ratings," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 14(2), pages 3-23.
- van Soest, A.H.O. & Peresetsky, A. & Karminsky, A.M., 2003. "An Analysis of Ratings of Russian Banks," Discussion Paper 2003-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Karminsky, Alexandr & Peresetsky, Anatoly, 2007. "Models of Banks Ratings," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 5(1), pages 3-19.
- Spyros Pagratis & Marco Stringa, 2009. "Modeling Bank Senior Unsecured Ratings: A Reasoned Structured Approach to Bank Credit Assessment," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(2), pages 1-39, June.
- António Afonso, 2002. "Understanding the Determinants of Government Debt Ratings: Evidence for the Two Leading Agencies," Working Papers Department of Economics 2002/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.