Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Experience of 10 Sub-Saharan African Countries Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer S. Abu-Qarn, 2008. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Six MENA Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 803-817, November.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 2001.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Role of Stock Markets,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 16-41, February.
- Philip Arestis & Panicos O. Demetriades & Kul B. Luintel, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: the Role of Stock Markets," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 97/05, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2008.
"Finance, Financial Sector Policies, and Long-Run Growth,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 28021.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2008. "Finance, financial sector policies, and long-run growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4469, The World Bank.
- Abu-Bader, Suleiman & Abu-Qarn, Aamer, 2005.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence from Egypt,"
1113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Suleiman Abu-Bader & Aamer Abu-Qarn, 2005. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Time Series Evidence from Egypt," Working Papers 206, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loayza,Norman V. & Ouazad,Amine & Ranciere,Romain, 2017.
"Financial development, growth, and crisis: is there a trade-off ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8237, The World Bank.
- Norman Loayza & Amine Ouazad & Romain Ranciere, 2017. "Financial Development, Growth, and Crisis: Is There a Trade-Off?," Working Papers 2017-114, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Norman Loayza & Amine Ouazad & Romain Rancière, 2018. "Financial Development, Growth, and Crisis: Is There a Trade-Off?," NBER Working Papers 24474, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:rss:jnljfe:v1i4p2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanjaya Kumar LENKA, 2015. "Does Financial Development Influence Economic Growth in India?," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(4(605), W), pages 159-170, Winter.
- Andrew Phiri, 2015.
"Asymmetric cointegration and causality effects between financial development and economic growth in South Africa,"
Studies in Economics and Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 464-484, October.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2014. "Asymmetric co-integration and causality effects between financial development and economic growth in South Africa," MPRA Paper 53055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eco:journ1:2018-02-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samson E. Edo, 2012. "Performance of Liabilities Accruing from Liberalization of the Banking Sector in Nigeria," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 4(2), pages 135-146, December.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Gwenhure, Yvonne & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2017. "The Dynamic Causal Linkage Between Financial Development And Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence From Ethiopia," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 70(1), pages 73-102.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v4i5p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamal, Mona, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth in Egypt: A Re-investigation," MPRA Paper 48564, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wajahat Ali & Azrai Abdullah & Muhammad Azam, 2016. "The Dynamic Linkage between Technological Innovation and carbon dioxide emissions in Malaysia: An Autoregressive Distributed Lagged Bound Approach," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 389-400.
- Zhang, Yu Yvette & Boadu, Frederick O., 2012. "Stock Exchange Development and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124608, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Gwenhure, Yvonne & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2016. "Financial development and economic growth in Ethiopia: A dynamic causal linkage," Working Papers 20160, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Zahir, Faathih & Masih, Mansur, 2018. "Is the lead-lag relationship between financial development and economic growth symmetric ? new evidence from Bangladesh based on ARDL ad NARDL," MPRA Paper 87577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yabibal M. Walle, 2014. "Revisiting the Finance–Growth Nexus in Sub-Saharan Africa: Results from Error Correction-based Panel Cointegration Tests," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 26(2), pages 310-321, June.
- Nyasha, Sheilla & Odhiambo, Nicholas M., 2016. "Financial intermediaries, capital markets, and economic growth: empirical evidence from six countries," Working Papers 19908, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Alimi, R. Santos, 2015. "Financial deepening and economic growth: A System GMM Panel Analysis with application to 7 SSA countries," MPRA Paper 65789, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Effiong, Ekpeno, 2015. "Financial Development, Institutions and Economic Growth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 66085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdoul' Ganiou Mijiyawa, 2013. "Africa's Recent Economic Growth: What Are the Contributing Factors?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 25(3), pages 289-302, September.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v4i5p1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:agr:journl:v:4(605):y:2015:i:4(605):p:159-170 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akinci, Gönül Yüce & Akinci, Merter & Yilmaz, Ömer, 2014. "Financial Development-Economic Growth Nexus : A Panel Data Analysis Upon Oecd Countries," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 55(1), pages 33-50, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfb:journl:v:02:y:2010:i:1:p:017-028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatu Lucian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ffasero.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.