The Issues and Implications About the Volatility of the Stock and the Bond Prices and Their Returns and the Volatility of Interest Rates and Inflation - Which Are Being Researched in Finance and Macro-Monetary Economics Literature: A Survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shiller, Robert J., 1981.
"Alternative tests of rational expectations models : The case of the term structure,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 71-87, May.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1980. "Alternative Tests of Rational Expectations Models: The Case of the Term Structure," NBER Working Papers 0563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Hentschel, Ludger, 1992.
"No news is good news *1: An asymmetric model of changing volatility in stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 281-318, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Ludger Hentschel, 1991. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 3742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Campbell, John, 1992. "No News is Good News: An Asymmetric Model of Changing Volatility in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3220232, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:lje:journl:v:2:y:2006:i:2:p:107-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-1153, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1988. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-334, June.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002.
"Stationarity and the existence of moments of a family of GARCH processes,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 109-117, January.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Stationarity and the Existence of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," ISER Discussion Paper 0535, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- LeRoy, Stephen F & Porter, Richard D, 1981. "The Present-Value Relation: Tests Based on Implied Variance Bounds," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 555-574, May.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Anthony F. Herbst & Joseph P. McCormack & Elizabeth N. West, 1987. "Investigation of a lead‐lag relationship between spot stock indices and their futures contracts," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(4), pages 373-381, August.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. "Nobel Lecture: Inflation and Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 451-472, June.
- Safi Ullah Khan, 2006. "Role of the Futures Market on Volatility and Price Discovery of the Spot Market: Evidence from Pakistan’s Stock Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 107-121, Jul-Dec.
- Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 1994. "Threshold heteroskedastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 931-955, September.
- Christie, Andrew A., 1982. "The stochastic behavior of common stock variances : Value, leverage and interest rate effects," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 407-432, December.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. "Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-320, June.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Modigliani, Franco, 1979. "Coupon and tax effects on new and seasoned bond yields and the measurement of the cost of debt capital," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 297-318, September.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1976. "Is Real-World Price a Tale Told by the Idiot of Chance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(1), pages 120-123, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hartwell, Christopher A., 2014. "The impact of institutional volatility on financial volatility in transition economies : a GARCH family approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zhou, Jian, 2016. "A high-frequency analysis of the interactions between REIT return and volatility," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 102-108.
- Sang Hoon Kang & SEONG-MIN YOON, 2008. "Asymmetry and Long Memory Features in Volatility: Evidence From Korean Stock Market," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 24, pages 383-412.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2019. "The accuracy of asymmetric GARCH model estimation," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 157, pages 179-202.
- Taufiq Choudhry & Ranadeva Jayasekera, 2015. "Level of efficiency in the UK equity market: empirical study of the effects of the global financial crisis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 213-242, February.
- Jensen, Mark J. & Maheu, John M., 2014.
"Estimating a semiparametric asymmetric stochastic volatility model with a Dirichlet process mixture,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P3), pages 523-538.
- Mark J Jensen & John M Maheu, 2012. "Estimating a Semiparametric Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model with a Dirichlet Process Mixture," Working Papers tecipa-453, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Jensen & John M. Maheu, 2012. "Estimating a semiparametric asymmetric stochastic volatility model with a Dirichlet process mixture," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Mark J. Jensen & John M. Maheu, 2012. "Estimating a Semiparametric Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Model with a Dirichlet Process Mixture," Working Paper series 45_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Shively, Philip A., 2007. "Asymmetric temporary and permanent stock-price innovations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 120-130, January.
- Duffee, Gregory R., 1995. "Stock returns and volatility A firm-level analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 399-420, March.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Omar Euch & Masaaki Fukasawa & Mathieu Rosenbaum, 2018. "The microstructural foundations of leverage effect and rough volatility," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 241-280, April.
- Chang, Eric C. & Dong, Sen, 2006. "Idiosyncratic volatility, fundamentals, and institutional herding: Evidence from the Japanese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 135-154, April.
- Syed Kamran Ali Haider & Shujahat Haider Hashmi & Ishtiaq Ahmed, 2017. "Systematic Risk Factors And Stock Return Volatility," APSTRACT: Applied Studies in Agribusiness and Commerce, AGRIMBA, vol. 11(1-2), September.
- Li, Ming-Yuan Leon, 2008. "Clarifying the dynamics of the relationship between option and stock markets using the threshold vector error correction model," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 511-520.
- Ho, Kin-Yip & Tsui, Albert K. & Zhang, Zhaoyong, 2009.
"Volatility dynamics of the US business cycle: A multivariate asymmetric GARCH approach,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 2856-2868.
- Kin-Yip Ho & Albert K. Tsui & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2009. "Volatility Dynamics of the UK Business Cycle: a Multivariate Asymmetric Garch Approach," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 117, pages 31-46.
- Ricardo Alverola, 2007. "Estimating Volatility Returns Using ARCH Models. An Empirical Case: The Spanish Energy Market," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 66, pages 251-276, Enero-Jun.
- Wu, Guojun & Xiao, Zhijie, 2002. "A generalized partially linear model of asymmetric volatility," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 287-319, August.
- Ruiz, Esther & Peña, Daniel & Carnero, María Ángeles, 2001. "Outliers and conditional autoregressive heteroscedasticity in time series," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws010704, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Jorge Caiado & Nuno Crato, 2010.
"Identifying common dynamic features in stock returns,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 797-807.
- Jorge Caiado & Nuno Crato, 2009. "Identifying common dynamic features in stock returns," CEMAPRE Working Papers 0902, Centre for Applied Mathematics and Economics (CEMAPRE), School of Economics and Management (ISEG), Technical University of Lisbon.
- Caiado, Jorge & Crato, Nuno, 2009. "Identifying common dynamic features in stock returns," MPRA Paper 15241, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haas, Markus & Krause, Jochen & Paolella, Marc S. & Steude, Sven C., 2013.
"Time-varying mixture GARCH models and asymmetric volatility,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 602-623.
- Markus Haas & Jochen Krause & Marc S. Paolella & Sven C. Steude, 2013. "Time-Varying Mixture GARCH Models and Asymmetric Volatility," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Muhammad Surajo Sanusi, 2017. "Investigating the sources of Black’s leverage effect in oil and gas stocks," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1318812-131, January.
More about this item
Keywordsvariance-bound test; persistence in volatility; financial markets; Spot and futures market; returns of the assets; price discovery; efficient markets; the variability inflation; the demand for money function; Fisher effect; inflationary expectation; nominal and real interest rates; rational expectation; cointegration; error-correction models; asymmetric information; Granger-casualty; dividend/price ratio;
All these keywords.
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rfa:aefjnl:v:5:y:2018:i:2:p:125-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Redfame publishing). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepflch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.