Effects Of Governance On Corporate Ethics: A Cross-Country Investigation
This research paper empirically investigates the extent to which the quality of governance measured through six dimensions developed by World Bank has a positive influence on the corporate ethics, or in other words, the ethical behaviour of firms in their interaction with public officials, politicians and other companies. By using a dual approach, from geographical and income group classification, this study analyses data from official reports issued by World Bank and World Economic Forum for a final sample of 140 countries, trying to highlight the positive relationship that might exist between governance clusters and ethical behaviour of firms. For the purpose of the paper, a multiple regression analysis was performed. The research results confirm that there are strong positive correlations between most of the governance indicators and companies’ ethical behaviour, even if there are some differences between various geographical areas, and also between different income categories economies, in terms of the intensity of this influence
Volume (Year): 16 (2013)
Issue (Month): 50 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matt Andrews, 2008. "The Good Governance Agenda: Beyond Indicators without Theory," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 379-407.
- J. Saee, 2005. "Societal Ethics and Legal System Facing Contemporary Marketing Strategies : An Australian Insight," Post-Print hal-00185483, HAL.
- Adrian Grosanu & Paula Ramona Rachisan & Sorin Romulus Berinde, 2012. "Creative Accounting, An Expression Of The Disconnection Between Accounting And Taxation," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(14), pages 5.
- Kevin Morrell, 2006. "Governance, Ethics and the National Health Service," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 55-62, January.
- Mark Schwartz, 2012. "The State of Business Ethics in Israel: A Light Unto the Nations?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(4), pages 429-446, February.
- Kevin Morrell, 2006. "Governance, Ethics and the National Health Service," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 26(1), pages 55-62, 01.
- Scott Fleming & Mike McNamee, 2005. "The ethics of corporate governance in public sector organizations," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 135-144, March.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Aggregating governance indicators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2195, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:16:y:2013:i:50:p:3-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.