How Amenities Affect Job and Wage Choices Over the Life Cycle
Job amenities are explicitly included in a model of job choice over the life cycle. The amenities are characterized by an indivisibility--a worker must be present at a job to enjoy its amenities. This chacterization has implications on initial job choice, a worker's wage profile and whether they move to a higher or lower paying job. (Copyright: Elsevier)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/review.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/RED17.htm Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dey, M. S. & Flinn, C. J., 2000.
"An Equilibrium Model of Health Insurance Provision and Wage Determination,"
00-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Matthew S. Dey & Christopher J. Flinn, 2005. "An Equilibrium Model of Health Insurance Provision and Wage Determination," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 571-627, 03.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Christina H. Paxson, 1987.
"Labor Supply Preferences, Hours Constraints, and Hours-Wage Tradeoffs,"
NBER Working Papers
2121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Paxson, Christina H, 1988. "Labor Supply Preferences, Hours Constraints, and Hours-Wage Trade-Offs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 254-76, April.
- Joseph Altonji & Christina Paxson, 1987. "Labor Supply Preferences, Hours Constraints, and Hours-Wage Tradeoffs," Working Papers 594, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Hwang, Hae-shin & Mortensen, Dale T & Reed, W Robert, 1998. "Hedonic Wages and Labor Market Search," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 815-47, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:05-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.