The Visual Design Influence on Customer Perceptions of Online Assortments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atalay , Selin & Onur Bodur , H. & Rasolofoarison , Dina, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," HEC Research Papers Series 978, HEC Paris.
- Selin Atalay & H. Onur Bodur & Dina Rasolofoarison, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," Post-Print hal-00758534, HAL.
- A. Selin Atalay & H. Onur Bodur & Dina Rasolofoarison, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 848-866.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Orquin, Jacob L. & Bagger, Martin P. & Lahm, Erik S. & Grunert, Klaus G. & Scholderer, Joachim, 2020. "The visual ecology of product packaging and its effects on consumer attention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 187-195.
- Milica Mormann & Tom Griffiths & Chris Janiszewski & J. Edward Russo & Anocha Aribarg & Nathaniel J. S. Ashby & Rajesh Bagchi & Sudeep Bhatia & Aleksandra Kovacheva & Martin Meissner & Kellen J. Mrkva, 2020. "Time to pay attention to attention: using attention-based process traces to better understand consumer decision-making," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 381-392, December.
- Martinovici, A., 2019. "Revealing attention - how eye movements predict brand choice and moment of choice," Other publications TiSEM 7dca38a5-9f78-4aee-bd81-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Greenacre, Luke & Martin, James & Patrick, Sarah & Jaeger, Victoria, 2016. "Boundaries of the centrality effect during product choice," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 32-38.
- Huddleston, Patricia T. & Behe, Bridget K. & Driesener, Carl & Minahan, S., 2018. "Inside-outside: Using eye-tracking to investigate search-choice processes in the retail environment," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 85-93.
- Lacoste-Badie, Sophie & Gagnan, Arnaud Bigoin & Droulers, Olivier, 2020.
"Front of pack symmetry influences visual attention,"
Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Sophie Lacoste-Badie & Arnaud Bigoin-Gagnan & Olivier Droulers, 2020. "Front of pack symmetry influences visual attention," Post-Print halshs-02408234, HAL.
- Orth, Ulrich R. & Crouch, Roberta C., 2014. "Is Beauty in the Aisles of the Retailer? Package Processing in Visually Complex Contexts," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(4), pages 524-537.
- Gupta, Shipra & Coskun, Merve, 2021. "The influence of human crowding and store messiness on consumer purchase intentionâ€“ the role of contamination and scarcity perceptions," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Zuschke, Nick, 2020. "The impact of task complexity and task motivation on in-store marketing effectiveness: An eye tracking analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 337-350.
- Jacob L Orquin & Sonja Perkovic & Klaus G Grunert, 2018. "Visual Biases in Decision Making," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(4), pages 523-537, December.
- Dellaert, B.G.C. & Johnson, E.J. & Baker, T., 2019. "Choice Architecture for Healthier Insurance Choices: Ordering and Partitioning Can Improve Decisions," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2019-008-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Yu, Junwei & Droulers, Olivier & Lacoste-Badie, Sophie, 2022. "Why display motion on packaging? The effect of implied motion on consumer behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Li, Yaoqi & Liu, Biqiang & Xie, Lishan, 2022. "Celebrity endorsement in international destination marketing: Evidence from eye-tracking techniques and laboratory experiments," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 553-566.
- Massara, Francesco & Porcheddu, Daniele & Melara, Robert D., 2014. "Asymmetric Perception of Sparse Shelves in Retail Displays," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 321-331.
- Tsai Chiao Wang & Chia Liang Tsai & Ta Wei Tang, 2018. "Exploring Advertising Effectiveness of Tourist Hotels’ Marketing Images Containing Nature and Performing Arts: An Eye-Tracking Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-13, August.
- Iana A. Castro & Anuja Majmundar & Christine B. Williams & Barbara Baquero, 2018. "Customer Purchase Intentions and Choice in Food Retail Environments: A Scoping Review," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 15(11), pages 1-19, November.
- Mason, Richard, 2019. "Digital enrollment architecture and retirement savings decisions: Evidence from the field," Other publications TiSEM 58639618-e34e-4b5c-8c8c-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Samet Çelik & Malik Volkan Türker, 2022. "Can Eye Movements Be a Predictor of Implicit Attitudes? Discrimination Against Disadvantaged Individuals During the Recruitment Process," Istanbul Business Research, Istanbul University Business School, vol. 51(2), pages 459-489, November.
- Yegyu Han & Mario Pandelaere, 2021. "All that glitters is not gold: when glossy packaging hurts brand trust," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 191-202, June.
- Myers, Susan D. & Deitz, George D. & Huhmann, Bruce A. & Jha, Subhash & Tatara, Jennifer H., 2020. "An eye-tracking study of attention to brand-identifying content and recall of taboo advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 176-186.
More about this item
KeywordsOnline Retailing; Assortment; Shopping Behavior; Product Choices; Visual Options;
All these keywords.
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rdc:journl:v:9:y:2018:i:4:p:26-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Theodor Valentin Purcarea (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.