The Visual Design Influence on Customer Perceptions of Online Assortments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atalay , Selin & Onur Bodur , H. & Rasolofoarison , Dina, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," HEC Research Papers Series 978, HEC Paris.
- Selin Atalay & H. Onur Bodur & Dina Rasolofoarison, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," Post-Print hal-00758534, HAL.
- A. Selin Atalay & H. Onur Bodur & Dina Rasolofoarison, 2012. "Shining in the Center: Central Gaze Cascade Effect on Product Choice," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 848-866.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Milica Mormann & Tom Griffiths & Chris Janiszewski & J. Edward Russo & Anocha Aribarg & Nathaniel J. S. Ashby & Rajesh Bagchi & Sudeep Bhatia & Aleksandra Kovacheva & Martin Meissner & Kellen J. Mrkva, 2020. "Time to pay attention to attention: using attention-based process traces to better understand consumer decision-making," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 381-392, December.
- Huddleston, Patricia T. & Behe, Bridget K. & Driesener, Carl & Minahan, S., 2018. "Inside-outside: Using eye-tracking to investigate search-choice processes in the retail environment," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 85-93.
- Dellaert, B.G.C. & Johnson, E.J. & Baker, T., 2019. "Choice Architecture for Healthier Insurance Choices: Ordering and Partitioning Can Improve Decisions," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2019-008-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Yu, Junwei & Droulers, Olivier & Lacoste-Badie, Sophie, 2022. "Why display motion on packaging? The effect of implied motion on consumer behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Massara, Francesco & Porcheddu, Daniele & Melara, Robert D., 2014. "Asymmetric Perception of Sparse Shelves in Retail Displays," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 321-331.
- Husić-Mehmedović, Melika & Omeragić, Ismir & Batagelj, Zenel & Kolar, Tomaž, 2017. "Seeing is not necessarily liking: Advancing research on package design with eye-tracking," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 145-154.
- Lacoste-Badie, Sophie & Gagnan, Arnaud Bigoin & Droulers, Olivier, 2020.
"Front of pack symmetry influences visual attention,"
Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Sophie Lacoste-Badie & Arnaud Bigoin-Gagnan & Olivier Droulers, 2020. "Front of pack symmetry influences visual attention," Post-Print halshs-02408234, HAL.
- Maya Bar-Hillel, 2015. "Position Effects in Choice from Simultaneous Displays: A Conundrum Solved," Discussion Paper Series dp678, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Kahn, Barbara E., 2017. "Using Visual Design to Improve Customer Perceptions of Online Assortments," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 29-42.
- Tsai-Chiao Wang & Jen-Son Cheng & Hsin-Yu Shih & Chia-Liang Tsai & Ta-Wei Tang & Ming-Lang Tseng & Ying-Sheng Yao, 2019. "Environmental Sustainability on Tourist Hotels’ Image Development," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, April.
- Olivier Gossner & Jakub Steiner & Colin Stewart, 2021.
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 89(4), pages 1717-1751, July.
- Olivier Gossner & Jakub Steiner & Colin Stewart, 2018. "Attention Please!," Working Papers tecipa-626, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Gossner, Olivier & Steiner, Jakub & Stewart, Colin, 2021. "Attention please!," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 107907, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Olivier Gossner & Jakub Steiner & Colin Stewart, 2018. "Attention please!," ECON - Working Papers 308, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Jan Engelmann & Alejandro Hirmas & Joël van der Weele, 2021. "Top Down or Bottom Up? Disentangling the Channels of Attention in Risky Choice," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 21-031/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Matthew McGranaghan & Jura Liaukonyte & Geoffrey Fisher & Kenneth C. Wilbur, 2019. "Lead Offer Spillovers," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 643-668, July.
- Lindström, Annika & Berg, Hanna & Nordfält, Jens & Roggeveen, Anne L. & Grewal, Dhruv, 2016. "Does the presence of a mannequin head change shopping behavior?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 517-524.
- Laski, Joseph & Brunault, Charles A. & Schmidt, Rebecca & Ryu, Seung Cheol, 2020. "An exploratory study of retail lighting with continuous modulation of color rendering properties to influence shoppers' spatial range of browsing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 148-162.
- Nathaniel J.S. Ashby & Lukasz Walasek & Andreas GlÃ¶ckner, 2015. "The effect of consumer ratings and attentional allocation on product valuations," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 10(2), pages 172-184, March.
- Köcher, Sören & Jugovac, Michael & Jannach, Dietmar & Holzmüller, Hartmut H., 2019. "New Hidden Persuaders: An Investigation of Attribute-Level Anchoring Effects of Product Recommendations," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 24-41.
- Savannah Wei Shi & Hai Che & Lang Jin, 2021. "Strategic Product Displays Across Different Assortment Levels," Customer Needs and Solutions, Springer;Institute for Sustainable Innovation and Growth (iSIG), vol. 8(3), pages 84-101, September.
- Wongkitrungrueng, Apiradee & Valenzuela, Ana & Sen, Sankar, 2018. "The Cake Looks Yummy on the Shelf up There: The Interactive Effect of Retail Shelf Position and Consumers’ Personal Sense of Power on Indulgent Choice," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 280-295.
- Orquin, Jacob L. & Bagger, Martin P. & Lahm, Erik S. & Grunert, Klaus G. & Scholderer, Joachim, 2020. "The visual ecology of product packaging and its effects on consumer attention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 187-195.
More about this item
KeywordsOnline Retailing; Assortment; Shopping Behavior; Product Choices; Visual Options;
All these keywords.
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rdc:journl:v:9:y:2018:i:4:p:26-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Theodor Valentin Purcarea The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Theodor Valentin Purcarea to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.