Structural Changes in Italian Industry: The Impact of Crisis. A Comment on the Book Edited by Laura Rondi and Francesco Silva
The recent volume Produttività e cambiamento nell’industria italiana (Productivity and Change in Italian Industry) edited by Laura Rondi and Francesco Silva supplies an interesting overview of the structural change in Italian industry in the last decade. The aim of this comment is to survey the papers collected in the book, pointing out the critical problems and possible solutions for Italian manufacturing firms operating in the globalized context. Moreover, as far as the first available data on the effects of crisis allow, the likely impact of crisis on firm strategies to face increasing competitive pressure is also considered.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giunta, Anna & Nifo, Annamaria & Scalera, Domenico, 2009. "Subcontracting in the Italian industry. Labour Division, Firms’ Growth and North-South Divide," MPRA Paper 13084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Davide Castellani & Giorgia Giovannetti, 2010.
"Productivity and the international firm: dissecting heterogeneity,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 25-42.
- Davide Castellani & Giorgia Giovannetti, 2010. "Productivity and the international firm: dissecting heterogeneity," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 25-42.
- Davide Castellani & Giorgia Giovannetti, 2009. "Productivity and the international firm: dissecting heterogeneity," Development Working Papers 270, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Sturgeon, Timothy J. & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2010. "Effects of the crisis on the automotive industry in developing countries : a global value chain perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5330, The World Bank.
- Silvia Sgherri & Hanan Morsy, 2010. "After the Crisis; Assessing the Damage in Italy," IMF Working Papers 10/244, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.