Macroeconomics in crisis and macroeconomics in recovery
The financial and economic crisis brings to a reconsideration of macroeconomics: as it happened in the past, after the Great Crash of 1929 as well as after the Second World War and after the collapse of the Bretton Woods system in 1971 and the subsequent oil crisis. A brief critical survey of mainstream macroeconomics (the neoclassical synthesis and its variants, and its criticisms on the side of Keynesians and Sraffians) is followed by a brief survey of the elements of alternative macroeconomic analysis developed by Keynes and Kalecki, Minsky and Sylos Labini, and others.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972.
"Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720, September.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 2006.
"The Macroeconomist as Scientist and Engineer,"
NBER Working Papers
12349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. G. Mankiw., 2009. "The Macroeconomist as Scientist and Engineer," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 2006. "The Macroeconomist as Scientist and Engineer," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 29-46, Fall.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 2006. "The Macroeconomist as Scientist and Engineer," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2121, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2009. "Keynes and probability: An assessment," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 489-510.
- Terenzio Cozzi, 2011. "La crisi della macroeconomia," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 31-44.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Paolo Bosi & Carlo D’Adda, 2011. "Politiche di sostegno della domanda in presenza di elevato debito pubblico," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 45-52.
- Marcella Corsi & Carlo D'Ippoliti & Federico Lucidi, 2010. "Pluralism In Economics And The Evaluation Of Economic Research In Italy," DULBEA Working Papers 10-05, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Barro, Robert J., 1974.
"Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?,"
3451399, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Forni, Mario & Lippi, Marco, 1997. "Aggregation and the Microfoundations of Dynamic Macroeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288008, December.
- Stefano Fenoaltea, 2010. "The reconstruction of historical national accounts: the case of Italy," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 63(252), pages 77-96.
- D’Ippoliti, Carlo, 2011. "Economics And Diversity," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(04), pages 562-564, December.
- Alberto Quadrio Curzio, 2011. "Economie in crisi: Eurolandia dalla resistenza alla ricostruzione," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(254), pages 105-114.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2003. "Energy and market power: an alternative approach to the economics of oil," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 25(4), pages 641-659, July.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Roncaglia,Alessandro, 2006. "The Wealth of Ideas," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521691871, September.
- Jan Kregel, 2011. "Uscire dalla crisi finanziaria statunitense: la politica domina l’economia nella Nuova Economia Politica," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 64(253), pages 15-30.
- Luigi L. Pasinetti, 2000. "Critique of the neoclassical theory of growth and distribution," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 383-431.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:pslqrr:2011:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.