Akumulace devizových rezerv centrálních bank a dynamika absorpce likvidity bankovních systémů České republiky, Polska a Maďarska
[Central Bank´s Foreign Exchange Reserves Accumulation and Dynamics of Banking System Liquidity Absorption: The Case of the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary]
The paper deals with accumulation of foreign exchange reserves of central banks and its consequences in banking system liquidity management. In theoretical part the case of banking system liquidity surplus is analyzed focusing on creation of liquidity through FX operations, sterilization of liquidity and main sources of liquidity absorption. In this context it is analyzed how monetary policy instruments (on outright or repo basis) enable central bank to react on volatility of banking system liquidity needs and to cover issued currency in circulation and bank´s reserves by net foreign assets. In empirical part these problems are analyzed and compared using the example of the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. The paper focuses on main differences in the level of liquidity surplus, cost of sterilization, volatility of spread between O/N reference interest rate and main policy rate, main sources of liquidity absorption and dynamics of currency in circulation and reserves covering by net foreign assets.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Stella, 2002. "Central Bank Financial Strength, Transparency, and Policy Credibility," IMF Working Papers 02/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin Cincibuch & Tomáš Holub & Jaromír Hurník, 2009.
"Central Bank Losses and Economic Convergence,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(3), pages 190-215, August.
- Martin Cincibuch & Tomas Holub & Jaromir Hurnik, 2008. "Central Bank Losses and Economic Convergence," Working Papers 2008/3, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Alfred Broaddus & Marvin Goodfriend, 2001. "What assets should the Federal Reserve buy?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 7-22.
- Alain Ize, 2005. "Capitalizing Central Banks: A Net Worth Approach," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(2), pages 289-310, September.
- Alain Ize, 2005. "Capitalizing Central Banks; A Net Worth Approach," IMF Working Papers 05/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Beck, Roland & Rahbari, Ebrahim, 2011. "Optimal reserve composition in the presence of sudden stops," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1107-1127, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2010:y:2010:i:6:id:759:p:723-746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.