A brief overview of airport regulation in Europe
This article presents the principal arguments for formal economic regulation of airport operators. It also briefly compares and contrasts the main regulatory systems and provides a simplified overview of the regulatory regimes currently applied at the largest European airports. Finally, a relationship between the regulatory framework and an airport"s value is being discussed and possible implications of the current regulatory regime used in the Czech Republic for the contemplated privatisation of Prague Airport are considered.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/eam/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Forsyth, Peter, 1997. "Price regulation of airports: principles with Australian applications," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 297-309, December.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 2004. "Alternative Forms of Economic Regulation and their Efficiency Implications for Airports," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 217-246, May.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2010. "Does privatization spur regulation?Evidence from the regulatory reform of European airports," IREA Working Papers 201004, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2010.
- Rui Cunha Marques & Ana Oliveira-Brochado, 2007. "Comparing Airport regulation in Europe: Is there need for a European Regulator?," FEP Working Papers 259, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Starkie, David, 2002. "Airport regulation and competition," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 63-72.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnleam:v:2010:y:2010:i:3:id:104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.