A brief overview of airport regulation in Europe
This article presents the principal arguments for formal economic regulation of airport operators. It also briefly compares and contrasts the main regulatory systems and provides a simplified overview of the regulatory regimes currently applied at the largest European airports. Finally, a relationship between the regulatory framework and an airport"s value is being discussed and possible implications of the current regulatory regime used in the Czech Republic for the contemplated privatisation of Prague Airport are considered.
Volume (Year): 2010 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Ekonomika a management, Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/eam/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Forsyth, Peter, 1997. "Price regulation of airports: principles with Australian applications," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 297-309, December.
- Starkie, David, 2002. "Airport regulation and competition," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 63-72.
- Rui Cunha Marques & Ana Oliveira-Brochado, 2007. "Comparing Airport regulation in Europe: Is there need for a European Regulator?," FEP Working Papers 259, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 2004. "Alternative Forms of Economic Regulation and their Efficiency Implications for Airports," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 217-246, May.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2010. "Does privatization spur regulation?Evidence from the regulatory reform of European airports," IREA Working Papers 201004, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2010.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnleam:v:2010:y:2010:i:3:id:104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vaclav Subrta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.