Aspects Regarding Internet Banking Services in Romania
Banks have traditionally been interested in using technology to improve their products, services and efficiency. Over a long time they have been using electronic and telecommunication networks for delivering a wide range of value added products and services. With its increasing popularity, Internet is more and more used by banks as a channel for providing their products and services to their customers. This form of banking is generally referred to as Internet banking. The paper examines the features of Internet banking focusing on the substantial growth over the last years as banks use Internet services as an aggressive business strategy to gain market share rather than for making profits.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert DeYoung, 2005. "The Performance of Internet-Based Business Models: Evidence from the Banking Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 893-948, May.
- Anssi Mattila & Minna Mattila, 2005. "How perceived security appears in the commercialisation of internet banking," International Journal of Financial Services Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 89-101.
- Byoung-Min Kim & Richard Widdows & Tansel Yilmazer, 2005. "The determinants of consumers’ adoption of Internet banking," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages -.
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 22(1), pages 95-117, August.
- Karen Furst & William Lang & Daniel Nolle, 2002. "Internet Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 27(6), pages 251-251, August.
- Yoonhee Tina Chang, 2005. "Dynamics of Internet Banking Adoption," Working Papers 06-2, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia.
- Francesca Arnaboldi & Peter Claeys, 2008. "Internet Banking in Europe: a comparative analysis," IREA Working Papers 200811, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pet:annals:v:9:i:3:y:2009:p:239-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.