Exports Versus Fdi In Smith-Motta Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 2000.
"The theory of endowment, intra-industry and multi-national trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 209-234, December.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1996. "The Theory of Endowment, Intra-Industry, and Multinational Trade," NBER Working Papers 5529, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J, 1996. "The Theory of Endowment, Intra-Industry and Multinational Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 1341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrzej Cieślik & Michael Ryan, 2012. "Productivity Differences and Foreign Market Entry in an Oligopolistic Industry," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 531-557, July.
- James R. Markusen, 2004.
"Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262633078, August.
- Markusen, James R., 2002. "Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade," MPRA Paper 8380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & Markusen, James R, 1987. "Strategic Investments and the Development of Multinationals," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 109-121, February.
- Uday Bhanu Sinha, 2010. "Strategic licensing, exports, FDI, and host country welfare," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 114-131, January.
- Markusen, James R., 1984. "Multinationals, multi-plant economies, and the gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 205-226, May.
- Smith, Alasdair, 1987. "Strategic investment, multinational corporations and trade policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 89-96.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1998. "Multinational firms and the new trade theory," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-203, December.
- Collie, David R., 2011.
"Multilateral trade liberalisation, foreign direct investment and the volume of world trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 47-49, October.
- Collie, David R., 2010. "Multilateral Trade Liberalisation, Foreign Direct Investment and the Volume of World Trade," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2010/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Caves,Richard E., 2007. "Multinational Enterprise and Economic Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521677530, March.
- Bouwe R. Dijkstra & Anuj Joshua Mathew & Arijit Mukherjee, 2011.
"Environmental Regulation: An Incentive for Foreign Direct Investment,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 568-578, August.
- Joshua Mathew Anuj & Bouwe Dijkstra & Arijit Mukherjee, "undated". "Environmental Regulation: An Incentive for Foreign Direct Investment," Energy and Environmental Modeling 2007 24000002, EcoMod.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2013. "Horizontally-integrated MNE and plant heterogeneity," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 44(6), pages 605-622.
- Horst, Thomas, 1971. "The Theory of the Multinational Firm: Optimal Behavior under Different Tariff and Tax Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(5), pages 1059-1072, Sept.-Oct.
- Hirsch, Seev, 1976. "An International Trade and Investment Theory of the Firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 258-270, July.
- Caves,Richard E., 2007. "Multinational Enterprise and Economic Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521860130, March.
- James Markusen & Frank Stähler, 2011.
"Endogenous market structure and foreign market entry,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(2), pages 195-215, June.
- Markusen, James R. & Stähler, Frank, 2009. "Endogenous Market Structure and Foreign Market Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 7567, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James R. Markusen & Frank Stähler, 2009. "Endogenous Market Structure and Foreign Market Entry," NBER Working Papers 15530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sourafel Girma & Richard Kneller & Mauro Pisu, 2005. "Exports versus FDI: An Empirical Test," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(2), pages 193-218, July.
- L. W. Copithorne, 1971. "International Corporate Transfer Prices and Government Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(3), pages 324-341, August.
- Andrzej Cieslik, 2015. "North-North FDI, exporting and the first mover advantage," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 46(2), pages 109-128.
- Cieslik, Andrzej & Ryan, Michael, 2009. "Firm heterogeneity, foreign market entry mode and ownership choice," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 213-218, August.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2015. "Imperfect competition, productivity differences and proximity concentration trade-offs," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2017. "Determinants of MNE Activity in Poland: The Case of Firms from EU-15," Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship at the Cracow University of Economics., vol. 5(1), pages 151-167.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2020. "Determinants of foreign direct investment from OECD countries in Poland," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 10(1), pages 9-25, March.
More about this item
Keywordsexporting; foreign direct investment; proximity-concentration tradeoff;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pes:ierequ:v:11:y:2016:i:2:p:189-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adam P. Balcerzak). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibgtopl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.