Profit Sharing--Can It Work?
The paper surveys the theoretical and empirical literature on the economic effects of profit sharing between workers and firms. It is critical of the case for government subsidization of such sharing schemes. Copyright 1987 by Royal Economic Society.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 39 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK|
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://oep.oupjournals.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
- N Millward, 1993. "Uses of the Workplace Industrial Relations Surveys by British Labour Economists," CEP Discussion Papers dp0145, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rahma Daly & Marc-Arthur Diaye & Jean-Max Koskievic, 2014. "Workers’ Risk Attitude and Financial Participation," Documents de recherche 14-03, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- André Zylberberg, 1990. "Salaires et emploi dans une économie de partage," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 153-160.
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015.
"Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007,"
- Noélie Delahaie & Richard Duhautois, 2015. "Profit-Sharing and Wages: An Empirical Analysis Using French Data Between 2000 and 2007," TEPP Working Paper 2015-03, TEPP.
- Nabi, Mahmoud Sami, 2012. "Profit Sharing, Income Inequality and Capital Accumulation," MPRA Paper 49830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahmoud Sami Nabi, 2013. "Profit Sharing, Income Inequality and Capital Accumulation," Working Papers 781, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2013.
- Yao, Shujie, 1997. "Profit Sharing, Bonus Payment, and Productivity: A Case Study of Chinese State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 281-296, June.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato & Jeffrey Pliskin, 1994. "Profit Sharing and Gainsharing: A Review of Theory, Incidence, and Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_125, Levy Economics Institute.
- Derek C. Jones & Takao Kato & Jeffrey Pliskin, 1999. "Profit Sharing and Gainsharing: A Review of Theory, Incidence, and Effects," Macroeconomics 9903010, EconWPA.
- Jääskelä, Jarkko, 1997. "Incomplete insurance market and its policy implication within European Monetary Union," Research Discussion Papers 8/1997, Bank of Finland.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:15:y:1995:i:2:a:2886 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magee, Gary B., 2005. "Rethinking invention: cognition and the economics of technological creativity," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 29-48, May.
- Gary B. Magee, 2002. "Rethinking Invention: Cognition and the Economics of Technological Creativity," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 861, The University of Melbourne.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1993. "Does Profit Sharing Affect Productivity?," NBER Working Papers 4542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cable, J.R. & Wilson, N., 1988. "Profit-Sharing And Productivity: An Analysis Of Uk Engineering Firms," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 300, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- N. Millward, 1993. "Uses of the workplace industrial relations surveys by British labour economists," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20964, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cardoso, Renato Fragelli, 1995. "Profit sharing with heterogeneous entrepreneurial prowess," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 265, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Cardoso, Renato Fragelli, 1997. "Mandatory profit sharing, entrepreneurial incentives and capital accumulation," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 318, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Petr Petera & Jana Fibírová, 2015. "Basic Approaches to Profit-Sharing and Ideas for Utilization," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(3), pages 97-117.
- Gaetano Cuomo, 2015. "Imprese cooperative e democrazia economica," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(116), pages 5-38.
- Juan Carlos Bárcena-Ruiz, 2016. "Employee share ownership in a unionised duopoly," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 15(3), pages 173-195, December.
- Kornelius Kraft, 1990. "Licenciements, salaire aux pièces et participation aux bénéfices en tant qu'incitations," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 92(1), pages 161-170.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxecpp:v:39:y:1987:i:1:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed