The Politics and Economics of Policy Reform in Zambia
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adam, Christopher, 1995. "Fiscal adjustment, financial liberalization, and the dynamics of inflation: Some evidence from Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 735-750, May.
- Congdon Fors, Heather & Olsson, Ola, 2007.
"Endogenous institutional change after independence,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1896-1921, November.
- Congdon Fors, Heather & Olsson, Ola, 2005. "Endogenous Institutional Change After Independence," Working Papers in Economics 163, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Garenne, Michel & Gakusi, Albert Eneas, 2006. "Vulnerability and Resilience: Determinants of Under-Five Mortality Changes in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1765-1787, October.
- Brender, Adi & Drazen, Allan, 2005.
"Political budget cycles in new versus established democracies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1271-1295, October.
- Adi Brender & Allan Drazen, 2004. "Political Budget Cycles in New versus Established Democracies," NBER Working Papers 10539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pletcher, James, 2000. "The Politics of Liberalizing Zambia's Maize Markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 129-142, January.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Liu, Yanyan & Soundararajan, Vidhya, 2017.
"Political activism as a determinant of clientelistic transfers: Evidence from an Indian public works program:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1700, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chau, Nancy H. & Liu, Yanyan & Soundararajan, Vidhya, 2018. "Political Activism as a Determinant of Clientelistic Transfers: Evidence from an Indian Public Works Program," IZA Discussion Papers 11277, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Howard, Julie A. & Mungoma, Catherine, 1996. "Zambia's Stop-And-Go Revolution: The Impact of Policies and Organizations on the Development and Spread of Maize Technology," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54689, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 2000.
"Fiscal Policy Cycles and Public Expenditure in Developing Countries,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 102(1-2), pages 115-130, January.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1998. "Fiscal policy cycles and public expenditure in developing countries," WTO Staff Working Papers ERAD-98-06, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou, 2012.
"Political budget cycles in the European Union and the impact of political pressures,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 153(3), pages 295-327, December.
- Georgios Efthyvoulou, 2010. "Political Budget Cycles in the European Union and the Impact of Political Pressures: A dynamic panel regression analysis," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1002, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2006.
"Political foundations of the resource curse,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 447-468, April.
- Robinson, James A & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2002. "Political Foundations of the Resource Curse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik & Thierry Verdier, 2003. "Politcal Foundations of the Resource Curse," DELTA Working Papers 2003-33, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Gökçe Göktepe & Shanker Satyanath, 2013. "The economic value of military connections in Turkey," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 531-552, June.
- Aron, Janine & Elbadawi, Ibrahim A., 1992. "Parallel markets, the foreign exchange auction, and exchange rate unification in Zambia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 909, The World Bank.
- Block, Steven A., 2002. "Political business cycles, democratization, and economic reform: the case of Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 205-228, February.
- Schuknecht, Ludger, 1998. "Fiscal policy cycles and the exchange regime in developing countries," WTO Staff Working Papers ERAD-97-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Mkenda, Beatrice Kalinda, 2001. "Long-run and Short-run Determinants of the Real Exchange Rate in Zambia," Working Papers in Economics 40, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kouvavas, Omiros, 2013. "Political Budget Cycles Revisited, the Case for Social Capital," MPRA Paper 57504, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Sep 2013.
- Alberto Alesina & Matteo Paradisi, 2017.
"Political budget cycles: Evidence from Italian cities,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 157-177, July.
- Alberto Alesina & Matteo Paradisi, 2014. "Political Budget Cycles: Evidence from Italian Cities," NBER Working Papers 20570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Copestake & Phillip Weston, 2000. "Pitfalls of debt reduction: a counterfactual case study of Zambia during the early 1990s," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 585-600.
- Mehlum, Halvor, 2001. "Capital accumulation, unemployment, and self-fulfilling failure of economic reform," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 291-306, August.
- Hampwaye Godfrey & Jeppesen Soeren, 2014. "The role of state- business relations in the performance of Zambia’s food processing sub-sector," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 26(26), pages 1-10, December.
- Musonda, Anthony, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Non-Traditional Exports Performance: Zambia, 1965–1999," MPRA Paper 26952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Sandbrook, 1996. "Democratization and the implementation of economic reform in Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 1-20.
- Ilaria Petrarca, 2013. "No news is costly news: the link between the diffusion of the press and public spending," Working Papers 16/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:4:y:1995:i:1:p:115-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.