Least Squares and Entropy: A Penalty Function Perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bennett, Richard & Blaney, Ralph, 2002. "Social consensus, moral intensity and willingness to pay to address a farm animal welfare issue," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 501-520, August.
- Robert Innes, 1999. "Self-Policing and Optimal Law Enforcement When Violator Remediation is Valuable," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1305-1325, December.
- Boland, Philip J. & Proschan, Frank, 1988. "Multivariate arrangement increasing functions with applications in probability and statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 286-298, May.
- Milgrom, Paul & Shannon, Chris, 1994. "Monotone Comparative Statics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 157-180, January.
- Boehlje, Michael, 1996. "Industrialization of Agriculture: What are the Implications?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 11(1).
- John A. Miranowski & Bruce A. Babcock, 2004.
"Genetic Information in Agricultural Productivity and Product Development,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 73-87.
- Hennessy, David A. & Miranowski, John & Babcock, Bruce A., 2003. "Genetic Information in Agricultural Productivity and Product Development," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10340, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David A. Hennessy & John Miranowski & Bruce A. Babcock, 2003. "Genetic Information in Agricultural Productivity and Product Development," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp329, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jayson L. Lusk & John A. Fox & Ted C. Schroeder & James Mintert & Mohammad Koohmaraie, 2001. "In-Store Valuation of Steak Tenderness," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 539-550.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1996. "The LeChatelier Principle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 173-179, March.
- Garen, John, 1988. "Compensating Wage Differentials and the Endogeneity of Job Riskiness," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 9-16, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang, 2000.
"Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure,"
Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR),
INRA (French National Institute for Agricultural Research), vol. 57.
- Thomas Heckelei & Wolfgang Britz, 2000. "Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 57, pages 27-50.
- Thomas Heckelei & Wolfgang Britz, 2000. "Positive Mathematical Programming with Multiple Data Points: A Cross-Sectional Estimation Procedure," Post-Print hal-01200922, HAL.
- Kaplan, Jonathan D. & Howitt, Richard E. & Farzin, Y. Hossein, 2003. "An information-theoretical analysis of budget-constrained nonpoint source pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 106-130, July.
- Buschena, David E. & Atwood, Joseph A., 2011. "Evaluation of similarity models for expected utility violations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 105-113, May.
- R. Carter Hill & Randall C. Campbell, 2001. "Maximum Entropy Estimation in Economic Models with Linear Inequality Restrictions," Departmental Working Papers 2001-11, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Arndt, Channing & Robinson, Sherman & Tarp, Finn, 2002.
"Parameter estimation for a computable general equilibrium model: a maximum entropy approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 375-398, May.
- Arndt, Channing & Robinson, Sherman & Tarp, Finn, 1999. "Parameter estimation for a computable general equilibrium model: a maximum entropy approach," TMD discussion papers 40, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Balcombe, Kelvin, 2006. "Cross-Entropy Estimation of Linear Cointegrated Equations," MPRA Paper 15100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
- Rui Fragoso & Maria Leonor da Silva Carvalho, 2013.
"Estimation of cost allocation coefficients at the farm level using an entropy approach,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(9), pages 1893-1906, September.
- Rui Fragoso & Maria Leonor Carvalho, 2011. "Estimation of Cost Allocation Coefficients at the Farm Level Using an Entropy Approach," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_21, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Jansson, Torbjorn, 2008. "A Bayesian Alternative To Generalized Cross Entropy Solutions For Underdetermined Econometric Models," Discussion Papers 56973, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Wolff, Hendrik, 2002. "A Methodological Note on the Estimation of Programming Models," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24896, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Esteban Fernández-Vázquez, 2014. "Estimating the effect of technological factors from samples affected by collinearity: a data-weighted entropy approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 717-731, September.
- Hansen, Heiko & Surry, Yves R., 2006. "Die Schatzung Verfahrensspezifischer Faktoreinsatzmengen Fur Die Landwirtschaft In Deutschland," 46th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, October 4-6, 2006 14959, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2007. "Generating plausible crop distribution and performance maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach:," IFPRI discussion papers 725, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:83:y:2001:i:2:p:366-377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .