How are reduced interest rate differentials affecting euroization in Southeastern Europe? Evidence from the OeNB Euro Survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Madaschi, Christophe & Nuevo, Irene Pablos, 2017. "The profitability of banks in a context of negative monetary policy rates: the cases of Sweden and Denmark," Occasional Paper Series 195, European Central Bank.
- Martin Brown & Helmut Stix, 2015.
"The euroization of bank deposits in Eastern Europe,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(81), pages 95-139.
- Brown, Martin & Stix, Helmut, 2014. "The Euroization of Bank Deposits in Eastern Europe," Working Papers on Finance 1412, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Martin Brown & Helmut Stix, 2014. "The Euroization of Bank Deposits in Eastern Europe," Working Papers 197, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2003. "Financial Dedollarization: A Carrot and Stick Approach," Business School Working Papers nueve, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Hake, Mariya & Stix, Helmut, 2013.
"Households’ foreign currency borrowing in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1880-1897.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Mariya Hake & Helmut Stix, 2011. "Households’ Foreign Currency Borrowing in Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 171, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Basso, Henrique S. & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Jurgilas, Marius, 2011. "Financial dollarization: The role of foreign-owned banks and interest rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 794-806, April.
- Beckmann, Elisabeth & Stix, Helmut, 2015.
"Foreign currency borrowing and knowledge about exchange rate risk,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1-16.
- Elisabeth Beckmann & Helmut Stix, 2014. "Foreign currency borrowing and knowledge about exchange rate risk," Working Papers 188, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Stix, Helmut, 2013.
"Why do people save in cash? Distrust, memories of banking crises, weak institutions and dollarization,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4087-4106.
- Helmut Stix, 2012. "Why Do People Save in Cash? Distrust, Memories of Banking Crises, Weak Institutions and Dollarization," Working Papers 178, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Doris Ritzberger-Grünwald & Helmut Stix, 2007. "Are Euro Cash Holdings in Central and Eastern Europe Driven by Experience or Anticipation? Results from an OeNB Survey," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 77-100.
- Thomas Scheiber & Helmut Stix, 2009. "Euroization in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe – New Evidence On Its Extent and Some Evidence On Its Causes," Working Papers 159, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Galiani, Sebastian & Levy Yeyati, Eduardo & Schargrodsky, Ernesto, 2003.
"Financial dollarization and debt deflation under a currency board,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 340-367, December.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Ernesto Schargrodsky & Sebastián Galiani, 2003. "Finantial Dollarization and Debt Deflation under a Currency Board," Business School Working Papers tres, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Sebastian Galiani & Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2003. "Financial Dollarization and Debt Deflation under a Currency Board," Working Papers 64, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Nov 2003.
- Ize, Alain & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2003. "Financial dollarization," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 323-347, March.
More about this item
Keywordseuroization; interest rate differential; household financial decisions; Southeastern Europe;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:onb:oenbfi:y:2018:i:q1-18:b:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Eller) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/oenbbat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.