Overview of a recent Reserve Bank workshop: nowcasting with model combination
In December 2008, jointly with the Bank for International Settlements, the Reserve Bank hosted a workshop entitled “Nowcasting with Model Combination”. This workshop was an opportunity for central bank practitioners and local and offshore academics to discuss recent technical advances in how to combine models for ‘nowcasting’ – the forecasting of current or near-term economic conditions. This note provides an overview of some themes that emerged from the workshop. Full papers are available from http://www.rbnz.govt.nz/research/workshops/december2008/3421588.html
Volume (Year): 72 (2009)
Issue (Month): (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 2498, Wellington|
Phone: 64 4 471-3767
Fax: 64 4 471-2270
Web page: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dr. James Mitchell, 2008. "Combining Forecast Densities from VARs with Uncertain Instabilities," NIESR Discussion Papers 303, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Anne-Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun P. Vahey, 2008.
"Combining forecast densities from VARs with uncertain instabilities,"
2008/01, Norges Bank.
- Anne Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun P. Vahey, 2010. "Combining forecast densities from VARs with uncertain instabilities," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 621-634.
- Anne Sofie Jore & James Mitchell & Shaun Vahey, 2008. "Combining Forecast Densities from VARs with Uncertain Instabilities," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2008/18, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Kevin Lee & Nilss Olekalns & Kalvinder Shields, 2008.
"Nowcasting, Business Cycle Dating and the Interpretation of New Information when Real Time Data are Available,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
08/17, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Lee, Kevin & Olekalns, Nils & Shields, Kalvinder K, 2009. "Nowcasting, Business Cycle Dating and the Interpretation of New Information when Real-Time Data are Available," CEPR Discussion Papers 7426, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dr. James Mitchell, 2008. "Evaluating Density Forecasts: Forecast Combinations, Model Mixtures, Calibration and Sharpness," NIESR Discussion Papers 320, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Tatevik Sekhposyan & Barbara Rossi, 2008.
"Has modelsí forecasting performance for US output growth and inflation changed over time, and when?,"
09-02, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Barbara Rossi & Tatevik Sekhposyan, 2010. "Has Models' Forecasting Performance for US Output Growth and Inflation Changed over Time, and When?," Working Papers 10-16, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Hugo Gerard & Kristoffer Nimark, 2008.
"Combining Multivariate Density Forecasts Using Predictive Criteria,"
RBA Research Discussion Papers
rdp2008-02, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Hugo Gerard & Kristoffer Nimark, 2008. "Combining multivariate density forecasts using predictive criteria," Economics Working Papers 1117, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2008.
- Nilss Olekalns & Kalvinder Shields, 2008. "Nowcasting, Business Cycle Dating and the Interpretation of New Information when Real Time Data are Available," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1040, The University of Melbourne.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzb:nzbbul:march2009:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.