The Economics and Finance of Hedge Funds: A Review of the Academic Literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shawky, Hany A. & Dai, Na & Cumming, Douglas, 2012. "Diversification in the hedge fund industry," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 166-178.
- Teo, Melvyn, 2011. "The liquidity risk of liquid hedge funds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 24-44, April.
- Sheridan Titman & Cristian Tiu, 2011. "Do the Best Hedge Funds Hedge?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(1), pages 123-168.
- Slavutskaya, Anna, 2013. "Short-term hedge fund performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4404-4431.
- René M. Stulz, 2007. "Hedge Funds: Past, Present, and Future," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 175-194, Spring.
- Zheng Sun & Ashley Wang & Lu Zheng, 2012. "The Road Less Traveled: Strategy Distinctiveness and Hedge Fund Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 96-143.
- Denitsa Stefanova & Arjen Siegmann & Marcin Zamojski, 2014. "Hedge Fund Innovation," LSF Research Working Paper Series 14-13, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Schaub, Nic & Schmid, Markus, 2013. "Hedge fund liquidity and performance: Evidence from the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 671-692.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" The Limits of Arbitrage,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 35-55, March.
- Andrei Shleifer ad Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "The Limits of Arbitrage," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1725, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "The Limits of Arbitrage," NBER Working Papers 5167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clemens Sialm & Zheng Sun & Lu Zheng, 2013. "Home Bias and Local Contagion: Evidence from Funds of Hedge Funds," NBER Working Papers 19570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vrontos, Spyridon D. & Vrontos, Ioannis D. & Giamouridis, Daniel, 2008. "Hedge fund pricing and model uncertainty," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 741-753, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vikas Agarwal & Stefan Ruenzi & Florian Weigert, 2018. "Unobserved Performance of Hedge Funds," Working Papers on Finance 1825, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Massimo Guidolin & Alexei G. Orlov, 2018.
"Can Investors Benefit from Hedge Fund Strategies? Utility-Based, Out-of-Sample Evidence,"
BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers
1887, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Massimo Guidolin & Alexei Orlov, 2018. "Can Investors Benefit from Hedge Fund Strategies? Utility-Based, Out-of-Sample Evidence," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1890, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Platanakis, Emmanouil & Sakkas, Athanasios & Sutcliffe, Charles, 2019.
"Harmful diversification: Evidence from alternative investments,"
The British Accounting Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-23.
- Emmanouil Platanakis & Athanasios Sakkas & Charles Sutcliffe, 2017. "Harmful Diversification: Evidence from Alternative Investments," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2017-09, Henley Business School, Reading University.
More about this item
KeywordsHedge funds; Fund performance;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:now:fntfin:0500000047. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alet Heezemans). General contact details of provider: http://www.nowpublishers.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.