Technological Diffusion and Investment Decision
The article offers the model of investment decision, which allows to understand the microeconomic motivation of the company, when it chooses between the imitation and innovation strategies. Proposed and tested applied method for estimation of the technological frontier, which allows the change from the regime of borrowing technologies to the regime of their creation. The author gives the interpretation of technological changes in terms of technological traps theory.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polterovich, Victor & Tonis, Alexander, 2005. "Innovation and Imitation at Various Stages of Development: A Model with Capital," MPRA Paper 20067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V. & Duflo, Esther, 2005. "Growth Theory through the Lens of Development Economics," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 473-552 Elsevier.
- Veselov, D., 2011. "Market Failures and Government Failures in the Model of Transition from Stagnation to Growth," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 12, pages 24-39.
- Polterovich, Victor & Henkin, Gennadi, 1998. "A Difference-differential Analogue of the Burgers Equation and Some Models of Economic Development," MPRA Paper 21031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Windrum Paul, 1999. "Simulation models of technological innovation: A Review," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Verònica Gombau & Agustí Segarra, 2011. "The Innovation and Imitation Dichotomy in Spanish firms: do absorptive capacity and the technological frontier matter?," Working Papers XREAP2011-22, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Dec 2011.
- Melitz, Marc J, 2002.
"The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3381, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marc J. Melitz, 2003. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1695-1725, November.
- Mark J. Melitz, 2002. "The Impact of Trade on Intra-Industry Reallocations and Aggregate Industry Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Polterovich, Victor & Tonis, Alexander, 2003. "Innovation and Imitation at Various Stages of Development," MPRA Paper 20065, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gombau, Verònica & Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 2011. "The Innovation and Imitation Dichotomy in Spanish firms: do absorptive capacity and the technological frontier matter?," Working Papers 2072/179666, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2012:i:15:p:10-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.